Re: [Czechlist] Strange valency: "crew WAS confirmed the problem to be a ..."?

  • Milos Prudek
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 6, 2011
      On 6.1.2011 2:48, janvanek wrote:
      > Now, "somebody was confirmed [that] something is so-and-so" is a rather
      > strange verb valency

      Have you considered that it is a typo?

      --
      Milos
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 6, 2011
        ... or the crew HAS confirmed ???

        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 6, 2011

          > ... or the crew HAS confirmed ???

          Right, pretty sure there's a banal explanation along these or similar lines. Some cock-up somewhere.

          The review of the Czechoslovak restaurant in London was good though. I think when I was last there they had the most expensive knedlo-vepro-zelo in the world.

          Happy Julian calendar Christmas.