Re: [Czechlist] Strange valency: "crew WAS confirmed the problem to be a ..."?

    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 5, 2011
      Hi Jan,

      > "... the flight crew was confirmed the problem to be a
      NAV(navigation)/communication issue..."

      I think this simply meas what the crew had said was proven true...

    • Milos Prudek
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 6, 2011
        On 6.1.2011 2:48, janvanek wrote:
        > Now, "somebody was confirmed [that] something is so-and-so" is a rather
        > strange verb valency

        Have you considered that it is a typo?

        --
        Milos
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 6, 2011
          ... or the crew HAS confirmed ???

          >> "... the flight crew was confirmed the problem to be a
          >NAV(navigation)/communication issue..."
          >
          >I think this simply meas what the crew had said was proven true...
          >
          >Jirka Bolech

          >__________ Informace od ESET Smart Security, verze databaze 5763
          >(20110105) __________

          >http://www.eset.cz/

        • Melvyn
          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 6, 2011

            > ... or the crew HAS confirmed ???

            Right, pretty sure there's a banal explanation along these or similar lines. Some cock-up somewhere.

            The review of the Czechoslovak restaurant in London was good though. I think when I was last there they had the most expensive knedlo-vepro-zelo in the world.

            Happy Julian calendar Christmas.