Re: [Czechlist] Always in TagEditor

  • Josef Hlavac
    Message 1 of 18 , Dec 29, 2010
      One possible reason: One client of mine uses a complex custom automation
      infrastructure built around .ttx files (it automates various tasks
      within the translation and TM management workflow, in some 30+
      languages). Switching to another format would mean a huge investment of
      money and labour, plus forcing all their (Trados-capable) translators to
      buy and learn a different CAT -- I can't see that happening.

      By the way, what exactly do you use to translate .ttx files?

      Josef

      Message 2 of 18 , Jan 1, 2011
        On Dec 29, 2010, at 6:49 PM, Josef Hlavac wrote:

        > One possible reason: One client of mine uses a complex custom automation
        > infrastructure built around .ttx files (it automates various tasks
        > within the translation and TM management workflow, in some 30+
        > languages). Switching to another format would mean a huge investment of
        > money and labour, plus forcing all their (Trados-capable) translators to
        > buy and learn a different CAT -- I can't see that happening.

        I thought that in some cases this might be what's happening.

        > By the way, what exactly do you use to translate .ttx files?

        I use MemoQ to translate TTX files, and often also Star Transit files.

        Message 3 of 18 , Jan 3, 2011
          ....MemoQ, the current version of Trados, and I believe Star Transit,
          have a document view integrated into the interface,
          No program does this with PDFs.

          Actually, the new Transit (NXT) does - if you import the source PDF (or
          any other format) into the working folder (or show the app the path to
          it), it will be displayed in a pop-up (or permanent) preview window...
          it's VERY useful for complicated pdf's where after import bits of text
          from charts, images etc. appear completely randomly all over the text
          you are working on in CAT and are very difficult to locate in the
          original document... I even had a file where a long list of three-line
          sentences was broken up into individual lines and mixed up randomly...
          I sent that one back to the PM... I believe these things happen when
          the pdf is imported from the original graphic design application

          In any case Transit NXT is really handy with this, but I don't think
          this feature alone will make anyone upgrade (as they want a full and
          very hefty price even from current users of previous version), unless
          you work with those types of pdf's regularly.. NXT also has
          compatibility problems with previous version...

          I personally Use an extra monitor where I display the original file
          (Word, PPT, pdf, XLS, anything), because there will almost always be
          some confusing bit of text out of context that you are not sure where
          to put (in the language layout)..

          Message 4 of 18 , Jan 4, 2011
            Zdravim v novem roce,

            mame tady nejake odborniky na "normalizaci"?

            Kamarad me pozadal o radu a ja s tim moc zkusenosti nemam..

            Existuje/li Rakouska nebo Evropska norma, ktera nema CZ protejsek
            (alespon to vypada, ze ne).., jaky je postup?

            Konkretne jde o normu tykajici se skladovani a prodeje sypkych tuhych
            paliv (drevene peletky)... ten kamarad s nimi obchoduje a tu normu by
            chtel dobrovolne dodrzovat aby se tim mohl branit v pripade nejake
            reklamace, kdy zakaznik nedodrzi podminky skladovani...

            Norma je to dost specificka, ma k dispozici jen rakouskou normu v
            anglictine (Onorm N 7136, respektive Onorm M 7137)..

            V jinych zemich existuji zda se normy pro vyrobu pelet (ekvivalent
            Onorm 7135), ale je to v kazde zemi zvlast, neni celoevropska norma..
            tyhle specificke, tykajici se dopravy a skladovani jsou zda se jen v
            Rakousku...

            Je to tak, ze pokud je Evropska norma, mus se drive nebo pozdeji
            objevit jeji ceska verze, respektive musi byt implementovana do nejake
            CSN, ale pokud existuji jen narodni normy, v cesku a cestine se
            oficialne nic neobjevi dokud na to nebude mistni tlak???

            Diky za nazory

            Matej

          • Milan
            Message 5 of 18 , Jan 5, 2011
              Pritel Google nabizi ceske CSN jak na palivo, tak na horaky do kotle:

              staci napsat C¡SN + peletky.

              Doufam, ze to pomuze,

              Milan
              Message 6 of 18 , Jan 5, 2011
                To ano, ale to jsou normy na peletky a normy na kotle..

                ja hledam normy na skladovani a prepravu peletek, respektive me
                zajimalo, jestli ma nekdo poneti, jak to chodi v oblastech, kde dosud v
                CR norma neni, ale v jinych statech uz je, pritom ale neni Evropska..

                > Pritel Google nabizi ceske CSN jak na palivo, tak na horaky do kotle:
                >
                >staci napsat C¡SN + peletky.
                >
                >Doufam, ze to pomuze,
                >
                >Milan
                >

                >__________ Informace od ESET Smart Security, verze databaze 5761
                >(20110105) __________

                >http://www.eset.cz/

              • Milan Condak
                Message 7 of 18 , Jan 9, 2011
                  Doporucil jsem Matejovi (mimo skupinu) kontaktovat prodejce norem,
                  zivnostniky.
                  Měli by byt pruznejsi nez UNMZ.

                  http://www.unmz.cz/urad/csn-on-line

                  Potom jsem si vzpomnel, ze jsem stranky
                  Ustavu pro technickou normalizaci, metrologii a statni zkusebnictvi
                  uz kdysi navstivil a stahl jsem si nejake glosare.

                  On-line jsou databaze zde:

                  http://terminologie.unmz.cz/Default.aspx

                  Potom jsem nasel kdysi stazena data a testoval jsem ruzne nastroje
                  k jejich prohlizeni bez toho, abych je pripojoval nebo importoval do CAT.

                  Vysledek sdelim priste.

                  Milan