Re: [Czechlist] Re: Translation?: Tisíckrát pozdravujeme Tebe - whistling Dixie

    Message 1 of 11 , Dec 2, 2010
      Who knows what songs Ludwig's mother was singing to him when he was a
      little boy... :-))

      Dne 2.12.2010 13:07, Pilucha, Jiri napsal(a):
      > I entered the tune of "Skakal pes pres oves" and it identified it as Ludwig van Beethoven's piano sonata
      >
      > ________________________________

    • Pavel
      Message 2 of 11 , Dec 2, 2010
        Zdravim,
        jsem zpatky z cesty po Australii a od zitrka uz budu zase online, nejlepe skype: pjanousek.

        PJ

        --- In Czechlist@yahoogroups.com, "Pilucha, Jiri" <jiri.pilucha@...> wrote:

        > Neco bych potreboval prohovorit
        > Diky
        > jirka

      • Sara
        Message 3 of 11 , Jan 13, 2011
          It is indeed Czech. I used to have to sing it at funerals as a child.

          Translation: tisic- one thousand ; krat- times
          pozdravujeme- we greet / we send regards
          Tebe- (to)you
          It goes on to talk about Mother Mary. It was always described to me as
          "A goodbye to the blessed mother".

          I have the sheet music. It is by FR. J. Sindelar (with haceks on the s and r).

          Hope that helps!
          Sara