RE: [Czechlist] Re: Translation?: Tisíckrát pozdravu jeme Tebe - whistling Dixie

  • Pilucha, Jiri
    Message 1 of 11 , Dec 2, 2010
      I entered the tune of "Skakal pes pres oves" and it identified it as Ludwig van Beethoven's piano sonata

      ________________________________
      Message 2 of 11 , Dec 2, 2010
        Who knows what songs Ludwig's mother was singing to him when he was a
        little boy... :-))

        Dne 2.12.2010 13:07, Pilucha, Jiri napsal(a):
        > I entered the tune of "Skakal pes pres oves" and it identified it as Ludwig van Beethoven's piano sonata
        >
        > ________________________________

      • Pavel
        Message 3 of 11 , Dec 2, 2010
          Zdravim,
          jsem zpatky z cesty po Australii a od zitrka uz budu zase online, nejlepe skype: pjanousek.

          PJ

          --- In Czechlist@yahoogroups.com, "Pilucha, Jiri" <jiri.pilucha@...> wrote:

          > Neco bych potreboval prohovorit
          > Diky
          > jirka

        • Sara
          Message 4 of 11 , Jan 13, 2011
            It is indeed Czech. I used to have to sing it at funerals as a child.

            Translation: tisic- one thousand ; krat- times
            pozdravujeme- we greet / we send regards
            Tebe- (to)you
            It goes on to talk about Mother Mary. It was always described to me as
            "A goodbye to the blessed mother".

            I have the sheet music. It is by FR. J. Sindelar (with haceks on the s and r).

            Hope that helps!
            Sara