Re: medvedi sluzba

  • Melvyn
    Message 1 of 32 , Nov 29, 2010
      Seems to me that the word "disservice" rarely crops up outside the standard phrase that perhaps most frequently translates medvedi sluzba: "do somebody a disservice".

      I can't think of an exact synonym, but maybe "do/play somebody a bad/rotten/lousy/dirty etc turn" is similar - mirroring the common expression "do somebody a good turn" = dobrou sluzbu, dobry skutek, laskavost.

      Message 32 of 32 , Nov 30, 2010
        Yes! That's very good.

        Jamie