Re: [Czechlist] CHAT Re: LingualWorld

  • Milos Prudek
    Message 1 of 13 , Nov 19, 2010
      On 18.11.2010 23:11, Liz Spacilova wrote:
      > Certainly I'm not the only person who charges by the hour, am I?

      Certainly not. I always try to charge by the hour for
      review/editing/proofreading. Usually, I do not get the assignment
      because the agency insists on rate per word. Sometimes the agency trusts
      me and I get the job for hourly rate.

      The agency has another option: send me the complete text to be reviewed.
      I look at it, evaluate the quality of the translation, and give them a
      per word rate.

      So an hourly rate for sight unseen, per word rate for full text seen in
      advance.

      --
      Milos