Help: Maturita

  • Irena Steinerová
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 7, 2000
      Could anyone please help me to translate "uplne stredni odborne vzdelani s maturitou" (for a curriculum vitae)? The problem is how to say "maturita" shortly - I don't want to use a "school-leaving examination", and I cannot use any specific British/US term because I don't know to whom the cv is to be sent. Perhaps it could be omitted?
      TIA,
      Irena
    • Melvyn Clarke
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 7, 2000

        >The problem is how to say "maturita" shortly - I don't want to use a
        >"school-leaving examination", and I cannot use any specific British/US term
        >because I don't know to whom the cv is to be sent. Perhaps it could be
        >omitted?
        >TIA,
        >Irena

        Hi Irena,

        Well it's not very short - but check out the term "matriculation
        examination" on the search engines to see if it fits your context. It seems
        to be crop up a lot in the kind of international English used in official
        circles in several continental countries. Otherwise, if you feel you don't
        need to be specific, how about "final examination"?

        BTW don't worry about that book you mentioned - I have already read it.

        Regards,

        Melvyn