Re: TagEditor - beru zpet

  • Petr
    Message 1 of 28 , Oct 9, 2010
      Diky. Petr

      --- In Czechlist@yahoogroups.com, Sabina Králová <saba-k@...> wrote:

      > V TagEditoru:
      >
      > TOOLS-OPTIONS-PROTECTION, odškrtnout všechny tri položky
      >
      > DOCUMENT PROTECTION
      >
      > S.

    • Sabina Kralova
      Message 2 of 28 , Oct 9, 2010
        Dekuji Vsem za odpoved.
        Sabi

      • Pilucha, Jiri
        Message 3 of 28 , Oct 14, 2010
          May I please ask your help (preferably native speakers) in finding a creative solution to the following:

          A painter has entitled her exibition "Az do konce malby" and provided a brief explanation of what it is supposed to mean:

          Kdyz maluju, tak pret�hnu malbu az na podlozku a z toho vznikne dalsi malba, tj. vyuzivam "konce" tahu stetce, a to jsou nov� obrazy.
          Nebo kdyz odkladam stetce, tak barva stece na podlozku a to je novy obraz.

          Considering this clarification, what might be the English version of "Az do konce malby" that would distil and encapsulate the intent of the author?
          My best attempt so far has been "To the Edge and Beyond"

          Thanks a lot
          Jiri

        • Stanislav Zizka
          Message 4 of 28 , Oct 14, 2010
            Your proposal sounds OK, perhaps it conveys too much marketing force in
            comparison with the original.... What came to my mind was simply "a full
            picture" or "complete painting", though, I am not a native speaker, Jiri.
            Let's wait for other proposals.
            Standa

            May I please ask your help (preferably native speakers) in finding a
            creative solution to the following:

            A painter has entitled her exibition "Az do konce malby" and provided a
            brief explanation of what it is supposed to mean:

            Kdyz maluju, tak pretáhnu malbu az na podlozku a z toho vznikne dalsi malba,
            tj. vyuzivam "konce" tahu stetce, a to jsou nové obrazy.
            Nebo kdyz odkladam stetce, tak barva stece na podlozku a to je novy obraz.

            Considering this clarification, what might be the English version of "Az do
            konce malby" that would distil and encapsulate the intent of the author?
            My best attempt so far has been "To the Edge and Beyond"

            Thanks a lot
            Jiri

            __________ Informace od ESET Smart Security, verze databaze 5530 (20101014)
            __________

            Tuto zpravu proveril ESET Smart Security.

            http://www.eset.cz

            Message 5 of 28 , Oct 14, 2010
              Let me see if I understand this: When she paints, she drags the brush across one canvas (or whatever kind of surface), and finishes the stroke on another adjacent canvas (or other surface). The end of the stroke on the second surface serves as the basis of a new painting. Is that what she's doing?

              If I understood it correctly, "To the Edge and Beyond" would be a perfectly good title. Another possibility would be "Painting Outside the Lines". We use the expression "to color outside the lines" to indicate (a) a child who doesn't confine himself to the edges of figures in coloring books, and (b) to indicate a person who thinks unconventionally.

              akad. mal. James Kirchner, MA

              On Oct 14, 2010, at 8:52 AM, Pilucha, Jiri wrote:

              > May I please ask your help (preferably native speakers) in finding a creative solution to the following:
              >
              > A painter has entitled her exibition "Az do konce malby" and provided a brief explanation of what it is supposed to mean:
              >
              > Kdyz maluju, tak pretáhnu malbu az na podlozku a z toho vznikne dalsi malba, tj. vyuzivam "konce" tahu stetce, a to jsou nové obrazy.
              > Nebo kdyz odkladam stetce, tak barva stece na podlozku a to je novy obraz.
              >
              > Considering this clarification, what might be the English version of "Az do konce malby" that would distil and encapsulate the intent of the author?
              > My best attempt so far has been "To the Edge and Beyond"
              >
              > Thanks a lot
              > Jiri

            • Pilucha, Jiri
              Message 6 of 28 , Oct 14, 2010
                Yep, that's basically what she does. Or -- based on her work that I've seen -- rather than serving as the *basis of* a new painting, the end of the stroke on the second surface IS actually, as such, a new painting in its own right (err, supposedly)
                I do like "Outside the Lines".
                (In my private brainstorming, also the word "limits" kept coming to mind rather obsessively as to be used in one way or another, but it seems that all idioms that I know of involving this word lead to completely different meanings)

                ________________________________
                Let me see if I understand this: When she paints, she drags the brush across one canvas (or whatever kind of surface), and finishes the stroke on another adjacent canvas (or other surface). The end of the stroke on the second surface serves as the basis of a new painting. Is that what she's doing?

                If I understood it correctly, "To the Edge and Beyond" would be a perfectly good title. Another possibility would be "Painting Outside the Lines". We use the expression "to color outside the lines" to indicate (a) a child who doesn't confine himself to the edges of figures in coloring books, and (b) to indicate a person who thinks unconventionally.

                akad. mal. James Kirchner, MA

                On Oct 14, 2010, at 8:52 AM, Pilucha, Jiri wrote:

                > May I please ask your help (preferably native speakers) in finding a creative solution to the following:
                >
                > A painter has entitled her exibition "Az do konce malby" and provided a brief explanation of what it is supposed to mean:
                >
                > Kdyz maluju, tak pret�hnu malbu az na podlozku a z toho vznikne dalsi malba, tj. vyuzivam "konce" tahu stetce, a to jsou nov� obrazy.
                > Nebo kdyz odkladam stetce, tak barva stece na podlozku a to je novy obraz.
                >
                > Considering this clarification, what might be the English version of "Az do konce malby" that would distil and encapsulate the intent of the author?
                > My best attempt so far has been "To the Edge and Beyond"
                >
                > Thanks a lot
                > Jiri

              • Pilucha, Jiri
                Message 7 of 28 , Oct 15, 2010
                  Many thanks to akad. mal. JK and to Stanislav

                  (I'll probably leave it up to the painter to choose from the option suggested)

                  Jiri

                  ________________________________
                  Let me see if I understand this: When she paints, she drags the brush across one canvas (or whatever kind of surface), and finishes the stroke on another adjacent canvas (or other surface). The end of the stroke on the second surface serves as the basis of a new painting. Is that what she's doing?

                  If I understood it correctly, "To the Edge and Beyond" would be a perfectly good title. Another possibility would be "Painting Outside the Lines". We use the expression "to color outside the lines" to indicate (a) a child who doesn't confine himself to the edges of figures in coloring books, and (b) to indicate a person who thinks unconventionally.

                  akad. mal. James Kirchner, MA

                  On Oct 14, 2010, at 8:52 AM, Pilucha, Jiri wrote:

                  > May I please ask your help (preferably native speakers) in finding a creative solution to the following:
                  >
                  > A painter has entitled her exibition "Az do konce malby" and provided a brief explanation of what it is supposed to mean:
                  >
                  > Kdyz maluju, tak pret�hnu malbu az na podlozku a z toho vznikne dalsi malba, tj. vyuzivam "konce" tahu stetce, a to jsou nov� obrazy.
                  > Nebo kdyz odkladam stetce, tak barva stece na podlozku a to je novy obraz.
                  >
                  > Considering this clarification, what might be the English version of "Az do konce malby" that would distil and encapsulate the intent of the author?
                  > My best attempt so far has been "To the Edge and Beyond"
                  >
                  > Thanks a lot
                  > Jiri

                • Pilucha, Jiri
                  Message 8 of 28 , Oct 15, 2010