RE: [Czechlist] endangered vs. threatened species

  • Romana
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 4, 2010
      Dobre ranko,

      "threatened" je prvni krok ohrozeni - rekla bych, druhy s malou a ubyvajici
      populaci

      Viz:

      http://www.google.com.au/search?hl=en
      <http://www.google.com.au/search?hl=en&rlz=1T4SKPB_enAU265AU267&q=define%3A%
      22threatened+species%22&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=&gs_rfai>
      &rlz=1T4SKPB_enAU265AU267&q=define%3A%22threatened+species%22&aq=f&aqi=&aql=
      &oq=&gs_rfai=

      "endangered" je pristi krok - druhy ohrozene zanikem (vyhynutim, vyhubenim)

      S pozdravem

      Romana

      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 4, 2010
        Sorry about my bezprostredne ohrozene and thank you for putting me right
        Petr (knew I should not have tried Czech!). In light of Martin's answer and
        the Google link it is a bit weird that they would use "endangered and
        threatened" when endangered is a subcategory of threatened so maybe in this
        particular context ohrozene (threatened) and silne ohrozene (endangered) as
        Petr suggests (or just ohrozene - which is what the Czech version of the
        Barcelona Convention uses for "endangered or threatened"). You are right
        that threatened does sound a bit funny (too actively ohrozene perhaps...)
        but I suppose we would understand "under threat".