[Czechlist] THANKs -- TERM: fond pracovni doby

    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 3, 2010
      Great thanks, Melvyn and Valerie,

      "Basic working hours" sound very good to me. I think this expression is
      as close as it possibly could. You probably don't have the kind of thing
      as this: http://calendar.zoznam.sk/worktime-czcz.php. It's obviously a
      heritage of the 40 years of centrally controlled economy. When I was a
      lad, such calendars (dead tree copies thereof, of course) were quite
      popular as you could always check if you've worked enough hours in a
      particular month or which holidays fell on a weekend in a particular year.

      Have a nice Sunday evening...