za pul sesta roku

  • Valerie Talacko
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 22, 2010
      Does this mean "in half a year"? ("Ja jsem byl presazen petkrat za pul
      sesta roku.")

      Cheers,

      Valerie
    • Jan Culka
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 22, 2010
        No, it means 5.5 years (five and half)
        Honza

        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 22, 2010
          Thank you! It should have been obvious to me, but for an English speaker
          it's not an obvious way of expressing "and a half" (as you can tell from
          the way we tell the time!)

          Valerie

          On Wed, 2010-09-22 at 10:19 +0200, Jan Culka wrote:

          > No, it means 5.5 years (five and half)
          > Honza

        • Jan Culka
          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 22, 2010
            You are welcome. It is not quite frequent way of expressing a time period.
            You can meet also "pul sesteho roku" and some similar.
            H.