Re: [Czechlist] Re: Online shopping vessel

    Message 1 of 11 , Sep 1, 2010
      Thanks, Simon.

      JK

      On Sep 1, 2010, at 9:24 AM, Simon wrote:

      > > And here's another one:
      > >
      > > US
      > > Billing address
      > > Shipping address
      > >
      > > UK
      > > Billing address? Invoice address?
      > > Dispatch address?
      >
      > I'd say all the above would be OK in BrE. FWIW Amazon.co.uk uses invoice address and delivery address.
      >
      > Simon

    • Kostas
      Message 2 of 11 , Sep 1, 2010
        I would like ask something quite important regarding this issue as Jamie has mentioned that the company may launch also the US version of their e-shop. It is pretty much known that Google penalizes duplicate content by removing it from the Google cache, therefore making it not searchable. Can't be US and UK versions of te same website confused by Google as a duplicate content (due to their maximum similarity) and thus get penalized? I am curious whether somoeone of you has this kind of experience.

        K.

        > Thanks, Simon.
        >
        > JK
        >
        > On Sep 1, 2010, at 9:24 AM, Simon wrote:
        >

        > > > And here's another one:
        > > >
        > > > US
        > > > Billing address
        > > > Shipping address
        > > >
        > > > UK
        > > > Billing address? Invoice address?
        > > > Dispatch address?
        > >
        > > I'd say all the above would be OK in BrE. FWIW Amazon.co.uk uses invoice address and delivery address.
        > >
        > > Simon

      • Jennifer Hejtmankova
        Message 3 of 11 , Sep 1, 2010
          I imagine if the sites have different URL's (.com for the US and .co.uk for the UK, for example), then it would be ok. Amazon has different US and UK sites - I'm pretty sure they're not excluded from the Google cache.

          Jennifer

          On 1.9.2010, at 18:36, Kostas wrote:

          > I would like ask something quite important regarding this issue as Jamie has mentioned that the company may launch also the US version of their e-shop. It is pretty much known that Google penalizes duplicate content by removing it from the Google cache, therefore making it not searchable. Can't be US and UK versions of te same website confused by Google as a duplicate content (due to their maximum similarity) and thus get penalized? I am curious whether somoeone of you has this kind of experience.
          >
          > K.
          >
          > --- In Czechlist@yahoogroups.com, James Kirchner <jpklists@...> wrote:
          > >
          > > Thanks, Simon.
          > >
          > > JK

          > > > I'd say all the above would be OK in BrE. FWIW Amazon.co.uk uses invoice address and delivery address.
          > > >
          > > > Simon

        • Valerie Talacko
          Message 4 of 11 , Sep 1, 2010
            I think either "invoice address" or "billing address" is OK for the
            former, but definitely "delivery address" for the address the goods are
            going to, i.e. not shipping address.

            Valerie

            Message 5 of 11 , Sep 1, 2010
              Thank you.