Re: [Czechlist] Financial mathematics terms - little help

  • Martin Stranak
    Message 1 of 14 , Aug 9, 2010
      urocitel - interest quotient
      odurocitel - discount factor
      diskont - discount
      sporitel - saver
      fondovatel - ...
      zasobitel - ...
      umorovatel - capital recovery factor

      Martin Stranak
      Translations and Interpreting
      Mobile: +44 (0) 7807918220
      e-mail: mercatusuk@...

      --- On Mon, 9/8/10, Rad <grabanrad@...> wrote:

      From: Rad <grabanrad@...>
      Subject: [Czechlist] Financial mathematics terms
      To: Czechlist@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Monday, 9 August, 2010, 15:59

      Hi all,

      Could anybody help with the following terms?
      urocitel (úroÄ�iteľ)
      odurocitel (odúroÄ�iteľ)
      diskont (diskont)
      sporitel (sporiteľ)
      fondovatel (fondovateľ)
      zasobitel (zásobiteľ)
      umorovatel (umorovateľ)

      These are all terms used in calculations of interest and/or annuities.
      I've managed to find "future value" which I believe could be
      "úroÄ�iteľ" and "discounted present value" which, I think,
      could be "odúroÄ�iteľ", but I'm definitely not sure and have
      no idea about the rest.

    • Rad
      Message 2 of 14 , Aug 9, 2010
        Thanks Jirko,

        I still believe that "urocitel" is just "future value" and "odurocitel"
        just "present discount value" (both without "factor"). I can't tell you
        exactly where I found it (spent ages googling it and didn't really take
        any note of the websites where I found it as there wasn't much there),
        but it is somewhere out there. [:)] I have also found "sinking found",
        but man, I just don't know. [:)]

        R.

        P.S. "c" and "l" mess is caused by diacritics in Slovak. Wasn't sure
        it'd been fixed, so put it both with and without.

        Message 3 of 14 , Aug 9, 2010
          Hi again:

          I dare disagree. There are fairly good definitions of the terms (except
          "diskont") at http://business.center.cz/business/pojmy/p1323-urocitel.aspx.

          My understanding of "úročitel" is that it is like 'interest rate' plus
          one. You use it as a multiplier. See also, for example,
          http://www.netmba.com/finance/time-value/future/, mainly tha chart at
          the bottom.

          "Odúročitel" is reciprocal of "úročitel". Again, compare the formulas
          and terms here:
          http://business.center.cz/business/pojmy/p1326-odurocitel.aspx and here:
          http://www.investopedia.com/terms/p/pvif.asp.

          The same here
          http://business.center.cz/business/pojmy/p1328-fondovatel.aspx and
          perhaps here:
          http://www.ajdesigner.com/phpdiscountfactors/uniform_series_sinking_fund_equation.php
          for "fondovatel".

          Jirka Bolech

          P.S.: Using Slovak diacritics alone doesn't really explain the strange
          characters. Although "L" with a diacritic is not used in Czech, Czech
          and Slovak alphabets should be both covered together in common character
          sets.
        • Rad
          Message 4 of 14 , Aug 9, 2010
            Thanks Jirko,

            I still believe that "urocitel" is just "future value" and "odurocitel"
            just "present discount value" (both without "factor"). I can't tell you
            exactly where I found it (spent ages googling it and didn't really take
            any note of the websites where I found it as there wasn't much there),
            but it is somewhere out there. [:)] I have also found "sinking found",
            but man, I just don't know. [:)]

            R.

            P.S. "c" and "l" mess is caused by diacritics in Slovak. Wasn't sure
            it'd been fixed, so put it both with and without.

            --- In Czechlist@yahoogroups.com, Jirka Bolech <jirka.bolech@...> wrote:

            > Hi,
            >
            > Just trying without any guarantees:
            >
            > urocitel - future value interest factor
            > odurocitel - present value interest factor
            > diskont - discount (?): reciprocal of compound
            > sporitel/stradatel - annuity future value factor
            > fondovatel - sinking fund factor
            > zasobitel - present value interest factor of annuity
            > umorovatel - capital recovery factor
            >
            > > urocitel (uroA?iteA 3/4 )
            > > odurocitel (oduroA?iteA 3/4 )
            > > diskont (diskont)
            > > sporitel (sporiteA 3/4 )
            > > fondovatel (fondovateA 3/4 )
            > > zasobitel (zasobiteA 3/4 )
            > > umorovatel (umorovateA 3/4 )
            > >

            > Got strange characters for c and l, respectively...
            >
            > Jirka Bolech

          • Rad
            Message 5 of 14 , Aug 9, 2010
              I do agree (in a way). There are some good Czech definitions, but no
              English equivalents. I've seen the third one, but can't open the first
              two.

              P.S. Was hoping diacritics issue was sorted.

              Message 6 of 14 , Aug 9, 2010
                Your problem with the web links in my post may be caused by full stop
                inclusion in the address (at its end). Just remove it...

                Jirka Bolech
              • Sabina Králová
                Message 7 of 14 , Aug 11, 2010
                  Dobry den,

                  nevite nahodou nekdo, zda je Trados Studio 2009 kompatibilni s Office 2000 pripadne 2003, nebo zda uz je nutne mit Office 2007?
                  Diky predem za odpoved
                  Sabina

                  Message 8 of 14 , Aug 11, 2010
                    S 2003 ano, viz
                    http://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/134158-is_sdl_trados_2007_compatible_with_word_2003_help_needed.html

                    S 2k netusim.

                    hth
                    Martin

                    Dne 11.8.2010 11:42, Sabina Králová napsal(a):

                    > Dobry den,
                    >
                    > nevite nahodou nekdo, zda je Trados Studio 2009 kompatibilni s Office
                    > 2000 pripadne 2003, nebo zda uz je nutne mit Office 2007?
                    > Diky predem za odpoved
                    > Sabina
                  • Sabina Králová
                    Message 9 of 14 , Aug 11, 2010
                      Diky Martine! Plata jsem se ale na Studio 2009, ne 2007.
                      Sabina
                      Dne 11.8.2010 11:42, Sabina Králová napsal(a):

                      > Dobry den,
                      >
                      > nevite nahodou nekdo, zda je Trados Studio 2009 kompatibilni s Office
                      > 2000 pripadne 2003, nebo zda uz je nutne mit Office 2007?
                      > Diky predem za odpoved
                      > Sabina

                    • Visiana
                      Message 10 of 14 , Aug 11, 2010
                        Na jednom po��ta�i s n�m d�l�m s 2003, na druh�m s 2007-oboj� funguje

                        Miro Chum

                        _____

                        Message 11 of 14 , Aug 11, 2010
                          Promin, spatny link.

                          http://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/177667-trados_studio_2009_x_office_2000_2003_help_needed.html

                          hth
                          Martin

                          Dne 11.8.2010 12:17, Sabina Králová napsal(a):

                          > Diky Martine! Plata jsem se ale na Studio 2009, ne 2007.
                          > Sabina

                        • Milan Condak
                          Message 12 of 14 , Aug 12, 2010
                            Udelal jsem z anglicke SWF prezentace 56 snimku obrazovky a potom 20
                            stranek, ktere si muzete peclive prohlizet.

                            http://www.condak.net/cat_other/sdltradosstudio2009/starter/cs/00.html

                            Z prezentace vyplyva, ze "SDL Trados Studio 2009" potrebuje operacni systém
                            Windows. V tomto prostredi lze otevrit soubory

                            http://www.condak.net/cat_other/sdltradosstudio2009/starter/cs/03.html na
                            dolnim obrazku.

                            Office je potreba pouze pro nahled nebo pro prevod do puvodniho typu
                            souboru, napr. do DOC.
                            Na obrazku je prekladany soubor Wordu 2000-2003 preveden do MS Wordu 2007,
                            protože jej ma prezentator ve svém PC.

                            (Pokud bude prekladat DOCX a bude mit nainstalovane rozsireni pro ...X
                            soubory, muze pouzit třeba Office XP/2003 (možná i 2000, to nevím).

                            Milan
                            www.condak.net
                            Wordfast Trainer