Re: [Czechlist] Financial mathematics terms

    Message 1 of 14 , Aug 9, 2010
      Hi,

      Just trying without any guarantees:

      urocitel - future value interest factor
      odurocitel - present value interest factor
      diskont - discount (?): reciprocal of compound
      sporitel/stradatel - annuity future value factor
      fondovatel - sinking fund factor
      zasobitel - present value interest factor of annuity
      umorovatel - capital recovery factor

      > urocitel (uroA?iteA 3/4 )
      > odurocitel (oduroA?iteA 3/4 )
      > diskont (diskont)
      > sporitel (sporiteA 3/4 )
      > fondovatel (fondovateA 3/4 )
      > zasobitel (zasobiteA 3/4 )
      > umorovatel (umorovateA 3/4 )

      Got strange characters for c and l, respectively...

    • Martin Stranak
      Message 2 of 14 , Aug 9, 2010
        urocitel - interest quotient
        odurocitel - discount factor
        diskont - discount
        sporitel - saver
        fondovatel - ...
        zasobitel - ...
        umorovatel - capital recovery factor

        Martin Stranak
        Translations and Interpreting
        Mobile: +44 (0) 7807918220
        e-mail: mercatusuk@...

        Message 3 of 14 , Aug 9, 2010
          Thanks Jirko,

          I still believe that "urocitel" is just "future value" and "odurocitel"
          just "present discount value" (both without "factor"). I can't tell you
          exactly where I found it (spent ages googling it and didn't really take
          any note of the websites where I found it as there wasn't much there),
          but it is somewhere out there. [:)] I have also found "sinking found",
          but man, I just don't know. [:)]

          R.

          P.S. "c" and "l" mess is caused by diacritics in Slovak. Wasn't sure
          it'd been fixed, so put it both with and without.

          Message 4 of 14 , Aug 9, 2010
            Hi again:

            I dare disagree. There are fairly good definitions of the terms (except
            "diskont") at http://business.center.cz/business/pojmy/p1323-urocitel.aspx.

            My understanding of "úročitel" is that it is like 'interest rate' plus
            one. You use it as a multiplier. See also, for example,
            http://www.netmba.com/finance/time-value/future/, mainly tha chart at
            the bottom.

            "Odúročitel" is reciprocal of "úročitel". Again, compare the formulas
            and terms here:
            http://business.center.cz/business/pojmy/p1326-odurocitel.aspx and here:
            http://www.investopedia.com/terms/p/pvif.asp.

            The same here
            http://business.center.cz/business/pojmy/p1328-fondovatel.aspx and
            perhaps here:
            http://www.ajdesigner.com/phpdiscountfactors/uniform_series_sinking_fund_equation.php
            for "fondovatel".

            Jirka Bolech

            P.S.: Using Slovak diacritics alone doesn't really explain the strange
            characters. Although "L" with a diacritic is not used in Czech, Czech
            and Slovak alphabets should be both covered together in common character
            sets.
          • Rad
            Message 5 of 14 , Aug 9, 2010
              Thanks Jirko,

              I still believe that "urocitel" is just "future value" and "odurocitel"
              just "present discount value" (both without "factor"). I can't tell you
              exactly where I found it (spent ages googling it and didn't really take
              any note of the websites where I found it as there wasn't much there),
              but it is somewhere out there. [:)] I have also found "sinking found",
              but man, I just don't know. [:)]

              R.

              P.S. "c" and "l" mess is caused by diacritics in Slovak. Wasn't sure
              it'd been fixed, so put it both with and without.

              --- In Czechlist@yahoogroups.com, Jirka Bolech <jirka.bolech@...> wrote:

              > Hi,
              >
              > Just trying without any guarantees:
              >
              > urocitel - future value interest factor
              > odurocitel - present value interest factor
              > diskont - discount (?): reciprocal of compound
              > sporitel/stradatel - annuity future value factor
              > fondovatel - sinking fund factor
              > zasobitel - present value interest factor of annuity
              > umorovatel - capital recovery factor
              >
              > > urocitel (uroA?iteA 3/4 )
              > > odurocitel (oduroA?iteA 3/4 )
              > > diskont (diskont)
              > > sporitel (sporiteA 3/4 )
              > > fondovatel (fondovateA 3/4 )
              > > zasobitel (zasobiteA 3/4 )
              > > umorovatel (umorovateA 3/4 )
              > >

              > Got strange characters for c and l, respectively...
              >
              > Jirka Bolech

            • Rad
              Message 6 of 14 , Aug 9, 2010
                I do agree (in a way). There are some good Czech definitions, but no
                English equivalents. I've seen the third one, but can't open the first
                two.

                P.S. Was hoping diacritics issue was sorted.

                Message 7 of 14 , Aug 9, 2010
                  Your problem with the web links in my post may be caused by full stop
                  inclusion in the address (at its end). Just remove it...

                  Jirka Bolech
                • Sabina Králová
                  Message 8 of 14 , Aug 11, 2010
                    Dobry den,

                    nevite nahodou nekdo, zda je Trados Studio 2009 kompatibilni s Office 2000 pripadne 2003, nebo zda uz je nutne mit Office 2007?
                    Diky predem za odpoved
                    Sabina

                    Message 9 of 14 , Aug 11, 2010
                      S 2003 ano, viz
                      http://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/134158-is_sdl_trados_2007_compatible_with_word_2003_help_needed.html

                      S 2k netusim.

                      hth
                      Martin

                      Dne 11.8.2010 11:42, Sabina Králová napsal(a):

                      > Dobry den,
                      >
                      > nevite nahodou nekdo, zda je Trados Studio 2009 kompatibilni s Office
                      > 2000 pripadne 2003, nebo zda uz je nutne mit Office 2007?
                      > Diky predem za odpoved
                      > Sabina
                    • Sabina Králová
                      Message 10 of 14 , Aug 11, 2010
                        Diky Martine! Plata jsem se ale na Studio 2009, ne 2007.
                        Sabina
                        Dne 11.8.2010 11:42, Sabina Králová napsal(a):

                        > Dobry den,
                        >
                        > nevite nahodou nekdo, zda je Trados Studio 2009 kompatibilni s Office
                        > 2000 pripadne 2003, nebo zda uz je nutne mit Office 2007?
                        > Diky predem za odpoved
                        > Sabina

                      • Visiana
                        Message 11 of 14 , Aug 11, 2010
                          Na jednom po��ta�i s n�m d�l�m s 2003, na druh�m s 2007-oboj� funguje

                          Miro Chum

                          _____

                          Message 12 of 14 , Aug 11, 2010
                            Promin, spatny link.

                            http://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/177667-trados_studio_2009_x_office_2000_2003_help_needed.html

                            hth
                            Martin

                            Dne 11.8.2010 12:17, Sabina Králová napsal(a):

                            > Diky Martine! Plata jsem se ale na Studio 2009, ne 2007.
                            > Sabina

                          • Milan Condak
                            Message 13 of 14 , Aug 12, 2010
                              Udelal jsem z anglicke SWF prezentace 56 snimku obrazovky a potom 20
                              stranek, ktere si muzete peclive prohlizet.

                              http://www.condak.net/cat_other/sdltradosstudio2009/starter/cs/00.html

                              Z prezentace vyplyva, ze "SDL Trados Studio 2009" potrebuje operacni systém
                              Windows. V tomto prostredi lze otevrit soubory

                              http://www.condak.net/cat_other/sdltradosstudio2009/starter/cs/03.html na
                              dolnim obrazku.

                              Office je potreba pouze pro nahled nebo pro prevod do puvodniho typu
                              souboru, napr. do DOC.
                              Na obrazku je prekladany soubor Wordu 2000-2003 preveden do MS Wordu 2007,
                              protože jej ma prezentator ve svém PC.

                              (Pokud bude prekladat DOCX a bude mit nainstalovane rozsireni pro ...X
                              soubory, muze pouzit třeba Office XP/2003 (možná i 2000, to nevím).

                              Milan
                              www.condak.net
                              Wordfast Trainer