Re: [Czechlist] Late delivery - resend

  • Romana
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 12, 2010
      Dear Jirka,

      I've had no direct communication with the agency and I won't. I am acting only as an advisor to the middle(wo)man in this case. My question to you all was about the basic principle: "Is it considered *normal* that Czech entities may use the product of somebody's hard labour for their purposes and to their benefit, without paying for it AT ALL because there was a fault involved with regards to the delivery? If so, how do you communicate with such an entity in a smart way to make them pay?"
      In the rest of the world, it is very unlikely that payment would be rejected completely in such a case. Normally, in my part of the world, a reasonable discount (up to 25%) will fix such a problem immediately. That's why I was surprised about the Czech agency's behaviour. They most certainly overreacted.
      I hope this clarifies the issue for you.

      Best regards,
      Romana