RE: [Czechlist] Re: Suspicious Czech job posting

  • Romana
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 11, 2010
      Yes, Jamie,

      I also had to grin when I read about the "insanely high rate of 0.09 Euro
      per word." J

      Just recently, a German agency offered and paid me 1.10 Euro per word for a
      job of about 50 pages - I didn't even have to ask for it. Most end customers
      pay double that rate. However, I agree that for Czech agencies and many
      "cheap" agencies in Germany, too, a rate of 0.05 per word or 0.5 per line is
      more customary. The only ones that dare to offer less than that are Indian
      and Chinese agencies, and perhaps the Russians.

      Cheers,

      Romana