Odborná zkouška

  • dparrot@volny.cz
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 11, 2010
      What about "dscipline examination" or "field of study examination"?
      Dusan

      TERM CS>EN: Odborna zkouska
      Posted by: "Josef Hlavac" joe@... nahovno
      Sat Jul 10, 2010 1:21 am (PDT)

      I'm trying to solve a terminology problem: At our school (FIT CVUT),
      the
      final examination ("statni zaverecna zkouska"), which anyone who wants

      to finish their studies and get the degree must pass, has two parts.

      First, the student presents and defends his/her thesis ("obhajoba"),

      then the students has to answer two questions asking about something

      from a pre-defined range of topics ("odborna zkouska").

      Now, how would you call these in English? So far, we've come up with:
      statni zaverecna zkouska = degree examination
      obhajoba = (thesis) defence
      odborna zkouska = speciality examination