Re: [Czechlist] Term that my not exist

    Message 1 of 18 , Jul 8, 2010
      Kutilstvi (the act of doing DIY) can be used in a somewhat pejorative
      sense when someone tries to improve something and botches it

      Message 2 of 18 , Jul 8, 2010
        Thanks. I didn't know that, because as a child I was taught to type 1 on a manual typewriter as a capital "L".

        Jamie

      • Jan Culka
        Message 3 of 18 , Jul 12, 2010
          KOS used to be Kontrolni odposlechova sluzba (checking whether radio hams kept to all ham traffic ruls and regulations), but I am afraid this organ had nothing to do with paintings ...
          Honza