Re: Term: Cs-EN (hospodarske zazemi hradu)

  • Melvyn
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 2, 2010
      Verim, ze se slovo outbuildings casto pouziva v tomto kontextu:

      Unique Grade II Listed castle in breathtaking setting with stunning grounds, coach house, estate yard & ancillary outbuildings,

      http://www.bidwells.co.uk/view_property.php?property_id=CAM081486&property_type=rural

      Take mi napada ancillary holdings jako vhodny vseobecny popis.

      BR

      Melvyn

      --- In Czechlist@yahoogroups.com, "Prekladatelsky servis" <preklady@...> wrote:

      > Dobre odpoledne,
      > muze mi nektery rodily mluvci napovedet, jak se obvykle v Britanii oznacuje "hospodarske zazemi hradu" (v nasem pripade to nejcasteji zahrnuje staje, sypky, chlevy, stodoly + ubytovani pro personal)-
      > Predem diky
      > Iveta

    • Melvyn
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 2, 2010
        Another idea that you might want to play around with:

        ...agricultural and service outbuildings
        muse.jhu.edu/journals/kritika/v001/1.4randolph.html

      • Prekladatelsky servis
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 2, 2010
          Thanks Melvyn. Somebody else (somewhere else) suggested "farming facilities". What do you thing about this solution?

          Iveta

          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 3, 2010
            --- In Czechlist@yahoogroups.com, "Prekladatelsky servis" <preklady@...> wrote:

            > Thanks Melvyn. Somebody else (somewhere else) suggested "farming facilities". What do you thing about this solution?

            Sure, I think that will be okay in most general contexts, although I'm not sure it covers the staff housing facilities that you mention - depends who the "personal" are, I guess. I was thinking more in terms of the specific castle setting that you described.