TERM: fire minister

  • Josef Hlavac
    Message 1 of 3 , May 4 5:38 AM
      Dear all (and British natives especially),

      I am struggling with the function of a "fire minister" at the
      "Department for communities and local government". What is the level of
      this "fire minister" -- is he a full-fledged member of the Government
      (corresponding to a Czech "ministr"), or rather one-level below (an
      under-secretary, like a Czech "namestek", which seems to me to be the case)?

      Many thanks in advance,
      Josef
    • Charlie Stanford
      Message 2 of 3 , May 4 5:52 AM
        Seems to be some sort of junior minister Josef - I think you are probably right with namestek. The present Fire Minister is someone called Shahid Malik and if you Wikipedia him then
        he is listed as Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for Communities

        Also On 9 June, Malik rejoined the government as a "junior communities minister" after being cleared of breaching the ministerial code

        --
        Jsem chráněn bezplatným SPAMfighter pro soukromé uživatele.
        Až doposud mě ušetřil příjmu 8280 spam-emailů.

      • Josef Hlavac
        Message 3 of 3 , May 4 7:17 AM
          Thank you, Charlie.

          Josef