Hromadný poukaz

  • karelier19
    Message 1 of 4 , May 3, 2010
      Hello,
      I wonder if anyone could help me with the term hromadný poukaz (apparently used in both Czech and Slovak). The context is the paying out of pensions "vyplata duchodku hromadným poukazem" (Slovak).
      I would have guessed that it means that it is a "standing remittance", that the payments come regularly to the pensioner's bank account, but I am not sure. I translate into Swedish, so I do not need a "perfect" English term, only the meaning of the phrase.

      Thank you very much in advance,
      Karin Eriksson, Uppsala, Svédsko
    • Romana
      Message 2 of 4 , May 3, 2010
        Hello Karin,

        In German, it is “Sammelüberweisung”, in case it helps. For 3 possible
        English translations, please see
        http://www.dict.cc/?s=Sammel%C3%BCberweisung

        Best regards,

        Romana

        Message 3 of 4 , May 3, 2010
          In the US, those are called "automatic payments".

          Jamie

          Message 4 of 4 , May 3, 2010
            Ignore what I said here. I based my interpretation on Karin's understanding of what it probably meant. Others have given much more accurate explanations.

            Sorry.

            Jamie