Re: Záujmové združenie občanov

  • Rad
    Message 1 of 7 , May 1, 2010
      I don't know, Melvyn.
      It's not from the translation project. I'm just reading "Trestný
      poriadok" and it's mentioned there together with "dôveryhodná
      osoba". E.g. § 5 (1):
      "Záujmové združenie občanov alebo dôveryhodná osoba
      môžu ponúknuÅ¥ prevzatie záruky za dovŕšenie
      nápravy odsúdeného a žiadaÅ¥ o jeho podmienečné
      prepustenie z výkonu trestu odňatia slobody.............."
      Asking just out of curiosity (and to add it to my glossary [:)] ).

      R.

      > It's an awkward one IMHO because on the one hand your term excludes
      political movements, but then on the other hand it covers trade unions,
      which can often be pretty closely tied to political movements and
      parties, surely.

      > First umbrella term that comes to my mind for everything from
      scientologists to pigeon fanciers is not-for-profit/non-profit
      organizations/corporations/associations, but you'd maybe have to tailor
      it to your special needs and specify non-political non-profits or
      something.

      > Or could you not stretch "civic organizations" and its variants in a
      similar way to suit your purposes?

      > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Civic_organization
      >
      > Often translated on its own as obcanske sdruzeni according to
      Anglicko-cesky glosar terminilogie neziskoveho sektoru.

      > BR
      >
      > M.
      >
      > --- In Czechlist@yahoogroups.com, "Rad" grabanrad@ wrote:
      > >
      > > Thanks, Igor. I'm not sure whether religious groups or trade unions
      are
      > > classified in English speaking world as citizens' interest groups.

    • Pavel
      Message 2 of 7 , May 1, 2010
        Hi,
        The following are translations that Marta Chroma suggests in her dictionary:
        ~é sdruzení obcanu: association of citizens (standing surety for s.o.'s rehabilitation); (local, professional) interest group; ~é sdruzení právnických osob: professional association of legal entities

        P.

        Message 3 of 7 , May 2, 2010
          Again, Pavel. I'm not convinced that e.g. skupina spolupracovníkov
          could be called "association". I was thinking about it a little bit more
          and thought of something like "relevant community". What do you think
          people?

          R.