Re: TERM: zastavena plocha; WAS na zelene louce

  • Simon Vollam
    Message 1 of 9 , Dec 4, 2000
      > Talking of building, I'd be interested to hear your preferences
      > as regards "zastavena plocha" (the dictionaries say 'built-up area'
      > which sounds OK to me for a whole district but perhaps some
      > alternative exists for individual structures?) and "uzitna plocha"
      > ("usable area" seems to be standard).

      I had to deal with this one when translating all the guff about the
      (in)famous reconstruction of the CNB building. In the end, I opted
      for "area covered (by the reconstruction)". And for "obestaveny
      prostor" I used "volume enclosed". If anyone has any better ideas,
      though, I'd also be glad to hear them.

      Simon