RE: [Czechlist] Digest Number 412

  • Dominik Lukes
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 3, 2000
      > Are there any suggestions how to nicely express 'build something
      > "na zelene
      > louce" (zelene')', referring to the fact that a construction
      > takes place on
      > an undeveloped piece of land?

      Surprisingly, this is called 'green field development' in the case of
      residential property or when building a new factory it might also be called
      'green field investment'. Both of these are the opposite of 'brown field'
      investment (at least in the UK). Incidentally, I don't think you can say
      'stavba na hnede louce'. Anybody?

      D.