Re: [Czechlist] Hudební vysoká škola

  • Jennifer Hejtmankova
    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 4 3:36 AM
      But if they refer to the school in English on their own site....?
      http://www.hfmdd.de/index.php?id=411

      Jennifer

      On 4.4.2010, at 12:30, Helga Listen wrote:

      > Sarko,
      > zde mas link na tu skolu http://www.hfmdd.de/index.php?id=410
      > podle meho by bylo korektne ten nazev tam uvest v NJ (Hochschule fuer Musik Carl Maria von Weber )
      > Helga

    • Helga Listen
      Message 2 of 9 , Apr 4 3:43 AM
        Have a second look, Jennifer, on their English site the use the German name. That´s exactly the reason, why I think it should be in written in German.
        Helga

        But if they refer to the school in English on their own site....?
        http://www.hfmdd.de/index.php?id=411

        Jennifer

        On 4.4.2010, at 12:30, Helga Listen wrote:

        > Sarko,
        > zde mas link na tu skolu http://www.hfmdd.de/index.php?id=410
        > podle meho by bylo korektne ten nazev tam uvest v NJ (Hochschule fuer Musik Carl Maria von Weber )
        > Helga

      • Jennifer Hejtmankova
        Message 3 of 9 , Apr 4 3:45 AM
          But they have it written in English as well!

          Jennifer

          Message 4 of 9 , Apr 4 3:51 AM
            If you can assume that the English audience the text is aimed at will all understand the German name, you can leave the English out, but if the text will contain no way for the reader to interpret the German name, then the English is needed either instead of or alongside the German.

            JK

            On Apr 4, 2010, at 6:45 AM, Jennifer Hejtmankova wrote:

            > But they have it written in English as well!
            >
            > Jennifer
            >
            > On 4.4.2010, at 12:43, Helga Listen wrote:
            >
            >> Have a second look, Jennifer, on their English site the use the German name. That´s exactly the reason, why I think it should be in written in German.
            >> Helga

          • Linda
            Message 5 of 9 , Apr 4 4:11 AM
              Dear Sarka,