Re: [Czechlist] Hudební vysoká škola

  • Jennifer Hejtmankova
    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 4 3:22 AM
      Dresden University of Music is what they use on their own site.

      Jennifer

      On 4.4.2010, at 12:10, Sarka Rubkova wrote:

      > Jak byste prosím pøeloıili tento název "hudební vysoká ˚kole v dráıïanech"?
      >
      > sarka

    • Helga Listen
      Message 2 of 9 , Apr 4 3:30 AM
        Sarko,
        zde mas link na tu skolu http://www.hfmdd.de/index.php?id=410
        podle meho by bylo korektne ten nazev tam uvest v NJ (Hochschule fuer Musik Carl Maria von Weber )
        Helga

        Message 3 of 9 , Apr 4 3:36 AM
          But if they refer to the school in English on their own site....?
          http://www.hfmdd.de/index.php?id=411

          Jennifer

          On 4.4.2010, at 12:30, Helga Listen wrote:

          > Sarko,
          > zde mas link na tu skolu http://www.hfmdd.de/index.php?id=410
          > podle meho by bylo korektne ten nazev tam uvest v NJ (Hochschule fuer Musik Carl Maria von Weber )
          > Helga

        • Helga Listen
          Message 4 of 9 , Apr 4 3:43 AM
            Have a second look, Jennifer, on their English site the use the German name. That´s exactly the reason, why I think it should be in written in German.
            Helga

            But if they refer to the school in English on their own site....?
            http://www.hfmdd.de/index.php?id=411

            Jennifer

            On 4.4.2010, at 12:30, Helga Listen wrote:

            > Sarko,
            > zde mas link na tu skolu http://www.hfmdd.de/index.php?id=410
            > podle meho by bylo korektne ten nazev tam uvest v NJ (Hochschule fuer Musik Carl Maria von Weber )
            > Helga

          • Jennifer Hejtmankova
            Message 5 of 9 , Apr 4 3:45 AM
              But they have it written in English as well!

              Jennifer

              Message 6 of 9 , Apr 4 3:51 AM
                If you can assume that the English audience the text is aimed at will all understand the German name, you can leave the English out, but if the text will contain no way for the reader to interpret the German name, then the English is needed either instead of or alongside the German.

                JK

                On Apr 4, 2010, at 6:45 AM, Jennifer Hejtmankova wrote:

                > But they have it written in English as well!
                >
                > Jennifer
                >
                > On 4.4.2010, at 12:43, Helga Listen wrote:
                >
                >> Have a second look, Jennifer, on their English site the use the German name. That´s exactly the reason, why I think it should be in written in German.
                >> Helga

              • Linda
                Message 7 of 9 , Apr 4 4:11 AM
                  Dear Sarka,