Hudební vysoká škola

  • Sarka Rubkova
    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 4, 2010
      Jak byste pros�m p�elo�ili tento n�zev "hudebn� vysok� �kole v dr���anech"?

      sarka

    • Jennifer Hejtmankova
      Message 2 of 9 , Apr 4, 2010
        Dresden University of Music is what they use on their own site.

        Jennifer

        On 4.4.2010, at 12:10, Sarka Rubkova wrote:

        > Jak byste prosím pøeloıili tento název "hudební vysoká ˚kole v dráıïanech"?
        >
        > sarka

      • Jennifer Hejtmankova
        Message 3 of 9 , Apr 4, 2010
          Or The Carl Maria von Weber University of Music, Dresden...but that sounds like a mouthful!

          Jennifer

          On 4.4.2010, at 12:10, Sarka Rubkova wrote:

          > Jak byste prosím pøeloıili tento název "hudební vysoká ˚kole v dráıïanech"?
          >
          > sarka

        • Helga Listen
          Message 4 of 9 , Apr 4, 2010
            Sarko,
            zde mas link na tu skolu http://www.hfmdd.de/index.php?id=410
            podle meho by bylo korektne ten nazev tam uvest v NJ (Hochschule fuer Musik Carl Maria von Weber )
            Helga

            Message 5 of 9 , Apr 4, 2010
              But if they refer to the school in English on their own site....?
              http://www.hfmdd.de/index.php?id=411

              Jennifer

              On 4.4.2010, at 12:30, Helga Listen wrote:

              > Sarko,
              > zde mas link na tu skolu http://www.hfmdd.de/index.php?id=410
              > podle meho by bylo korektne ten nazev tam uvest v NJ (Hochschule fuer Musik Carl Maria von Weber )
              > Helga

            • Helga Listen
              Message 6 of 9 , Apr 4, 2010
                Have a second look, Jennifer, on their English site the use the German name. That´s exactly the reason, why I think it should be in written in German.
                Helga

                But if they refer to the school in English on their own site....?
                http://www.hfmdd.de/index.php?id=411

                Jennifer

                On 4.4.2010, at 12:30, Helga Listen wrote:

                > Sarko,
                > zde mas link na tu skolu http://www.hfmdd.de/index.php?id=410
                > podle meho by bylo korektne ten nazev tam uvest v NJ (Hochschule fuer Musik Carl Maria von Weber )
                > Helga

              • Jennifer Hejtmankova
                Message 7 of 9 , Apr 4, 2010
                  But they have it written in English as well!

                  Jennifer

                  Message 8 of 9 , Apr 4, 2010
                    If you can assume that the English audience the text is aimed at will all understand the German name, you can leave the English out, but if the text will contain no way for the reader to interpret the German name, then the English is needed either instead of or alongside the German.

                    JK

                    On Apr 4, 2010, at 6:45 AM, Jennifer Hejtmankova wrote:

                    > But they have it written in English as well!
                    >
                    > Jennifer
                    >
                    > On 4.4.2010, at 12:43, Helga Listen wrote:
                    >
                    >> Have a second look, Jennifer, on their English site the use the German name. That´s exactly the reason, why I think it should be in written in German.
                    >> Helga

                  • Linda
                    Message 9 of 9 , Apr 4, 2010
                      Dear Sarka,