Re: [Czechlist] TERM

    Message 1 of 293 , Apr 2, 2010
      Wait a minute. Do you mean "fixing the prices" as in "price fixing", i.e., forming a cartel, or do you mean simplifying and clarifying the price structure? Don't use the word "fixing" unless you mean the illegal practice of coordinating prices in a cartel.

      If it means the prices are too complicated, we might say, "We're more kafkaesque than Kafka," although that wouldn't necessarily mean just complicated and bureaucratic.

      Maybe you could say:
      "We've got a price structure only an EU apparatchik would love."
      "Our pricing is as clear as mud."
      "Our pricing is a can of worms."

      I think the third one, about the worms, comes closest to the meaning you want.

      I'll try to think of some other things.

      Jamie

      On Apr 2, 2010, at 4:45 AM, Karel Navrátil wrote:

      > The context are some ideas for improvements concerning e.g. company approach
      > to customers, such as comprehensible communication with the customers,
      > customers hardly understand us, we are too complicated (e.g. fixing the
      > prices - jsme Bruselstejsí nez Brusel)
      > Karel

    • "Karel Navrátil"
      Message 293 of 293 , Apr 30, 2015
        Děkuji Šárce i Martinovi.
        Karel

        Dne 30.04.15, "Martin Janda martinjanda@... [Czechlist]" <Czechlist@yahoogroups.com> napsal:

        Nebo, v mirne obmene, /facilities of public interest/

        Martin