Re: TERM osvetova cinnost

  • Melvyn Clarke
    Message 1 of 25 , Dec 1, 2000
      --- In Czechlist@egroups.com, "Simon Vaughan" <rachelandsimon@v...>
      wrote:
      > > "Conscious-raising activities" could be used, but that sounds a
      little too
      > > radicalized.
      >
      > Surely "consciousness-raising activities".
      >
      > Simon

      Yes, very much on a level with 'agitacni cinnost', I think :X

      These activities are indeed aimed more at the public than the kids
      themselves, I believe, Jamie. As an alternative to mere
      'awareness-raising activities', how about 'public-awareness raising
      activities/campaigns' (bit of a mouthful, I suppose) or maybe just
      'public-awareness raising' and lose the 'activities'? Or lose the
      'public-awareness raising' too and just express it with our body
      language?

      Melvyn
      P.S. Hey Simon, where is my voch@n bag of peanuts?
    • JPKIRCHNER@aol.com
      Message 2 of 25 , Dec 1, 2000
        In a message dated 12/1/00 11:42:42 AM, rachelandsimon@... writes:

        >> "Conscious-raising activities" could be used, but that sounds a little too
        >> radicalized.
        >
        >Surely "consciousness-raising activities".

        Yes, sorry.
      • JPKIRCHNER@aol.com
        Message 3 of 25 , Dec 1, 2000
          In a message dated 12/1/00 11:41:30 AM, rachelandsimon@... writes:

          >> Don't some hotels in Anglophonia have what is called an "introductory
          >room rate", which is a discount for new customers who they hope will
          >become regulars?

          >Is "Anglophonia" your coinage, Jamie? Whoever came up with it, it deserves
          >to catch on.

          I made it up this time, but that doesn't mean no one else has made it up
          before me without my knowing it. After all, the French talk about
          "Francophonie".

          JK
        • JPKIRCHNER@aol.com
          Message 4 of 25 , Dec 1, 2000
            In a message dated 12/1/00 2:01:18 PM, zehrovak@... writes:

            >These activities are indeed aimed more at the public than the kids
            >themselves, I believe, Jamie. As an alternative to mere
            >'awareness-raising activities', how about 'public-awareness raising
            >activities/campaigns' (bit of a mouthful, I suppose) or maybe just
            >'public-awareness raising' and lose the 'activities'? Or lose the
            >'public-awareness raising' too and just express it with our body
            >language?

            You don't need "public" in these expressions. It's too big a mouthful, as
            you said.

            JK