Re: [Czechlist] Cz>Eng sterilni pole

  • Charlie Stanford
    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 1 1:22 AM
      Thank you Martin and Jarda. I don't get it I am afraid - if the sterilni
      pole is a sterily spot around the wound or jus a sterile area in the
      operating theatre, what are the doctors doing when they odkládají nástroje
      into it? Would they not have something a bit more specially designed for
      putting your scalpel down on?

      Message 2 of 8 , Apr 1 1:36 AM
        > if the sterilni pole is a sterily spot around the wound or jus a sterile
        area in the operating theatre, what are the doctors doing when they
        odkládají nástroje into it?

        I'm a complete layman but from what I see on the web I'd say "sterilni pole"
        the latter possibility whereas the former is referred to as "operacni
        pole"...

        Message 3 of 8 , Apr 1 1:44 AM
          It's definitely an area in the op theatre, or in any ordinace.. not on
          the patient.. and the pole bit is a generic term to avoid narrowing it
          down to a tray or whatever, as it may be a special
          depository/steriliser or anything else that's sterile, as someone
          pointed out.. see my earlier post too

          >Thank you Martin and Jarda. I don't get it I am afraid - if the
          >sterilni
          >pole is a sterily spot around the wound or jus a sterile area in the
          >operating theatre, what are the doctors doing when they odkládají
          >nástroje
          >into it? Would they not have something a bit more specially designed
          >for
          >putting your scalpel down on?

        • Charlie Stanford
          Message 4 of 8 , Apr 1 2:07 AM
            Thank you to everyone about sterilni pole - Jarda, Jirka, Martin and Matej. I put a message to the agency saying that the translator had made a boo-boo and now I have had to send them another one admitting that it was me who got it wrong. And Matej sorry to you because you explained it in your first post but for some reason I did not notice that email before and have only just read it.
            Charlie

            >Thank you Martin and Jarda. I don't get it I am afraid - if the
            >sterilni
            >pole is a sterily spot around the wound or jus a sterile area in the
            >operating theatre, what are the doctors doing when they odkládají
            >nástroje
            >into it? Would they not have something a bit more specially designed
            >for
            >putting your scalpel down on?

            Jsem chráněn bezplatným SPAMfighter pro soukromé uživatele.
            Až doposud mě ušetřil příjmu 8277 spam-emailů.
            Platící uživatelé tuto zprávu ve svých e-mailech nedostavají.
            Stáhněte si zadarmo SPAMfighter zde: www.spamfighter.com/lcs