Re: [Czechlist] Re: TERM: osvetova èi nnost

  • JPKIRCHNER@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 30, 2000
      In a message dated 11/30/00 6:11:18 PM, karel6005@... writes:

      >For "osvetova cinnost" I try to manage with "educational activity".
      >Cf. "training activity", which I tend to translate "skolici cinnost" -
      >in the proper context of course.
      >"Promotional activity" seems to me a bit smelling of a sort of marketing
      >brain-washing in this context of poor children subjected to "osveta" ;-)

      Wait! But many charities, such as those helping the retarded, have what is
      called "awareness activities" to get people into contact with their cause.
      The Special Olympics is not really educational, but it is one big awareness
      activity for the public. What the osvetova cinnost is depends on who is
      holding it and why.