Re: [Czechlist] dotaz ces-eng civka (pro zapalovani motoru)

  • Charlie Stanford
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 10, 2010
      I think it is the "spark coil" (or ignition coil) Helena

      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 10, 2010
        I vote for "ignition coil". It's much more common in my universe than "spark coil" (which I'm pretty sure I have never heard).

        Jamie

        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 10, 2010
          Wikipedia - An ignition coil (also called a spark coil) and 42,000 Google hits later....

          Message 4 of 6 , Mar 10, 2010
            Compared to 1,170,000 hits for "ignition coil".

            I didn't question the existence of the term "spark coil"; I just questioned whether it was common enough to be the best choice. The comparative numbers show it's not.

            I can find more than 78,000 Google hits for the term "party store" related to my city alone. However, when I'm translating I can't use it, because people outside my state don't understand it. I have to use the term "liquor store", even though it's not "natural" to me.

            Jamie