RE: [Czechlist] "schema fyzicke odstrahy"

    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 26, 2010
      Hi Jamie,

      I guess there's a typo: "odstrahy" = "ostrahy" where "ostraha" means
      "security". I think that "fyzicka ostraha" is "security (provided) by
      staff", so you suggestion could work in a way...

      Jirka Bolech

      _____

      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 26, 2010
        It definitely does work, because we understand "security arrangements" as providing guards of some kind. We would say, for example, "parking lot security arrangments" or "event security arrangements", which means staffing the parking lot or event with security guards or off-duty police.

        Providing security by means of electronic equipment, razor wire, etc., would be called something else, but not an "arrangement".

        Jamie