Re: Re: HELP TERM

  • Melvyn Clarke
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 20, 2000

      >Mr Lopata wrote thus:
      >
      ><Napada Vas anglicky ekvivalent ceske vazby "davkovy uvazek operatoru".
      ><Je to z oblasti jaderne energetiky, doprava kontaineru s nuklearnim
      >odpadem.
      ><Cela veta zni:
      ><"Cim vyssi je vyuziti jednotlivych kontaineru, tim nizsi bude davkovy
      >uvazek operatoru pro zavezeni <vsech kontaineru".
      >
      >Melvyn suggests (Hi, Melvyn) the "dose commitment" for "davkovy uvazek",
      >which I think is very good.

      (Coooeeee Vit), Hi Vladimir,

      I am totally unfit to translate instructions on changing the batteries in
      your torch, never mind anything on nuclear bloody power and you would do
      very well to treat this totally unqualified notion of mine with a very large
      Geiger counter :) - it's just that I could not help noticing that this term
      seems to crop up a lot in this context on Google and in the glossaries

      http://ehssun.lbl.gov/epg/97ser/docs/glossary.html

      hence my initial private request for Vit's expert opinion (dropped me in it
      good and proper, you have, Vit:) - next round is yours, I believe?)

      Regards and sincere apologies for any large swaths of the USA that might go
      missing in the near future.

      Melvyn