RE: [Czechlist] fun. poz.

  • Daniel Šebesta
    Message 1 of 14 , Feb 1, 2010
      Hi Jamie,

      It stands for “funkcnich pozitku” (without diacritics). But don’t ask me at this hour what that actually means. :-)

      HTH,

      Daniel

      Daniel Sebesta

      Chief Linguist | DS Translations | Prague, Czech Republic

      Corresponding Member of ATA, Member of JTP and MLA

      <http://www.dstranslations.eu> www.dstranslations.eu | <http://www.proz.com/profile/602984> www.proz.com/profile/602984

      <mailto:daniel.sebesta@...> daniel.sebesta@... (e-mail) | daniel_sebesta (Skype)

      _____

      Message 2 of 14 , Feb 2, 2010
        > I strongly doubt that it is "benefits" or "perks".

        I guess, you're right. "Funkcni pozitky" are monetary "benefits". Maybe a
        "compensation package", then...

      • Daniel Šebesta
        Message 3 of 14 , Feb 2, 2010
          Mm, interesting, my messages needed about 8 hours to get here…

          Daniel

          _____

          <http://www.dstransl <http://www.dstranslations.eu> ations.eu> www.dstranslations.eu | <http://www.proz <http://www.proz.com/profile/602984> com/profile/602984> www.proz.com/profile/602984

          "Daň z příjmů fyz. osob ze závislé čin. a fun. pož."

          Can anyone please tell me what "fun. poz." means?

          Thanks very much.

        • Alena Ryšková 2e
          Message 4 of 14 , Feb 2, 2010
            I sent a message yesterday around noon and am still waiting :-)
            Alena

            Mm, interesting, my messages needed about 8 hours to get here…

            Daniel

            _____

            "Daň z příjmů fyz. osob ze závislé čin. a fun. pož."

            Can anyone please tell me what "fun. poz." means?

            Thanks very much.

          • Pilucha, Jiri
            Message 5 of 14 , Feb 2, 2010
              "fringes" is probably not entirely correct. Apart from certain benefits provided by the employer to the employees (such as meal vouchers or payments to the pension fund), fringes most importantly include also mandatory payments paid by the employer to the state (not to the employees), such as employee social insurance and health insurance

              Re "Compensation package" - this is more of an HR term rather than an accounting term, used mostly in advertising of vacant positions etc. It does comprise benefits, but also the salary, i.e. does not seem to correspond to funkcni pozitky either

              In summary, "benefits" is the closest that I can think of (not limited to "monetary" benefits, though)

              Jiri