RE: [Czechlist] More tax abbreviations

  • Daniel Šebesta
    Message 1 of 17 , Feb 1 4:42 PM
      Dan z prijmu fyzickych osob vybirana srazkou dle zvlastni sazby

      Daniel

      _____

      Message 2 of 17 , Feb 2 12:25 AM
        Hi Jamie,
        they are all terms used in income tax returns. I know that the Ministry of Finance also has their English version. So I checked their website and they can all be downloaded here http://cds.mfcr.cz/cps/rde/xchg/SID-3EA98423-F720F62C/cds/xsl/search_en.html?rdes.rde-fulltext.text=income+tax&adv=n (including instructions). I have never used them so I have no idea how good or bad the translation is. But if you decide to check, let me know if they can be used as a good and reliable source.

        Iveta

        Message 3 of 17 , Feb 6 12:34 PM
          I'd like to thank everyone who provided me with wordings and links to help me solve my tax abbreviation problems.

          Now I've got another problem from a contract.

          A company is supposed to present Komercni banka with a summary of receivables from business activity "mimo ESSK".

          Of course "ESSK" doesn't seem to be anywhere.

          Thanks for any help.

          Jamie
        • Prekladatelsky servis
          Message 4 of 17 , Feb 6 12:49 PM
            Hi Jamie,
            I have found only "ekonomicky spjate skupiny klientu" (ESSK) - http://www.cnb.cz/cs/dohled_fin_trh/dnft_zpravy/download/dnft_2006_cz.pdf but it might fit your context.

            Iveta

            Message 5 of 17 , Feb 6 12:51 PM
              Should be "ekonimcky spjate skupiny klientu" in this context:
              <http://www.cnb.cz/cs/dohled_fin_trh/dnft_zpravy/download/dnft_2006_cz.pdf>
              http://www.cnb.cz/cs/dohled_fin_trh/dnft_zpravy/download/dnft_2006_cz.pdf

              Not sure of an English equivalent or the exact meaning though...

              Message 6 of 17 , Feb 6 12:57 PM
                Thanks, Iveta and Jirka.

                I have no idea what the whole thing could mean, but it sounds to me as if it indicates clients outside the company's "group", i.e., outside the conglomerate. That would mean what we call "internal clients".

                Jamie

                Message 7 of 17 , Feb 6 12:59 PM
                  I conclude they are simply what the expression says: clients (of a bank)
                  that are economically linked (with each other). I guess banks use this
                  expression in strategic marketing management in making their evaluation
                  methods efficient.

                  Message 8 of 17 , Feb 6 1:06 PM
                    You interpretation, Jamie, sounds plausible and logical within your
                    sentence. Especially if the company is part of a group of companies.

                    Sorry for the typo -> "ekonomicky... ".

                    Message 9 of 17 , Feb 6 1:08 PM
                      In this case, the client company is supposed to present the bank with a list of receivables from customers other than this ESSK, so it sounds to me as if they are not to list receivables from their own internal clients, i.e., divisions of their own parent company.

                      At least it seems that way to me.

                      Jamie

                      On Feb 6, 2010, at 3:59 PM, Jirka Bolech wrote:

                      > I conclude they are simply what the expression says: clients (of a bank)
                      > that are economically linked (with each other). I guess banks use this
                      > expression in strategic marketing management in making their evaluation
                      > methods efficient.
                      >
                      > Jirka Bolech

                    • Pavel
                      Message 10 of 17 , Feb 7 6:00 AM
                        I've found this one:
                        group of connected clients
                        http://www.europarl.europa.eu/sides/getDoc.do?pubRef=-//EP//TEXT+TA+P6-TA-2009-0367+0+DOC+XML+V0//EN
                        For the Czech version, just replace "EN" with "CS" at the end of the link.

                        Maybe this will help.
                        Pavel

                        Message 11 of 17 , Feb 7 6:17 AM
                          Thanks, Pavel.

                          The problem for translation into English, in practical terms, is determining what kind of connection they're talking about. Vendors are always economically connected to their clients, so if ESSK simply means clients connected to the vendor, then it means any client at all. It must mean "internal clients", meaning clients that are under the same corporate umbrella in some way. That's the only way I can think of for it to make any sense.

                          Jamie

                          On Feb 7, 2010, at 9:00 AM, Pavel wrote:

                          > I've found this one:
                          > group of connected clients
                          > http://www.europarl.europa.eu/sides/getDoc.do?pubRef=-//EP//TEXT+TA+P6-TA-2009-0367+0+DOC+XML+V0//EN
                          > For the Czech version, just replace "EN" with "CS" at the end of the link.
                          >
                          > Maybe this will help.
                          > Pavel
                          >
                          > --- In Czechlist@yahoogroups.com, James Kirchner <jpklists@...> wrote:
                          > >
                          > > In this case, the client company is supposed to present the bank with a list of receivables from customers other than this ESSK, so it sounds to me as if they are not to list receivables from their own internal clients, i.e., divisions of their own parent company.
                          > >
                          > > At least it seems that way to me.
                          > >
                          > > Jamie
                          > >
                          > > On Feb 6, 2010, at 3:59 PM, Jirka Bolech wrote:
                          > >
                          > > > I conclude they are simply what the expression says: clients (of a bank)
                          > > > that are economically linked (with each other). I guess banks use this
                          > > > expression in strategic marketing management in making their evaluation
                          > > > methods efficient.
                          > > >
                          > > > Jirka Bolech

                        • Pavel
                          Message 12 of 17 , Feb 7 7:07 AM
                            It seems to be an established term, though:
                            www.fsa.gov.uk/pubs/international/bank_recap.pdf
                            Or:
                            "Group of connected clients" means two or more persons, whether natural or legal, holding exposures from the same credit institution and any of its subsidiaries, whether on a joint or separate basis, but who are mutually associated through the control of one of them by the other. Moreover, the interconnection between the persons also implies that their cumulated exposure actually represents a single risk to the credit institution, with the likelihood that if one of them experiences financial problems the other or all of them are likely to encounter repayment difficulties."

                            Maybe this will help you even more :-))

                            Pavel

                            Message 13 of 17 , Feb 7 11:20 AM
                              It may be an established term in Brusselese, but my US client is unlikely to understand it or know where to find it. As I mentioned, in the context I have to deal with, the clients are "mutually associated through control of one of them by the other", as I correctly guessed. These would be known in transparent English, in the context I am facing, as "internal customers".

                              Jamie

                              On Feb 7, 2010, at 10:07 AM, Pavel wrote:

                              > It seems to be an established term, though:
                              > www.fsa.gov.uk/pubs/international/bank_recap.pdf
                              > Or:
                              > "Group of connected clients" means two or more persons, whether natural or legal, holding exposures from the same credit institution and any of its subsidiaries, whether on a joint or separate basis, but who are mutually associated through the control of one of them by the other. Moreover, the interconnection between the persons also implies that their cumulated exposure actually represents a single risk to the credit institution, with the likelihood that if one of them experiences financial problems the other or all of them are likely to encounter repayment difficulties."
                              >
                              > Maybe this will help you even more :-))
                              >
                              > Pavel
                              >
                              > --- In Czechlist@yahoogroups.com, James Kirchner <jpklists@...> wrote:
                              > >
                              > > Thanks, Pavel.
                              > >
                              > > The problem for translation into English, in practical terms, is determining what kind of connection they're talking about. Vendors are always economically connected to their clients, so if ESSK simply means clients connected to the vendor, then it means any client at all. It must mean "internal clients", meaning clients that are under the same corporate umbrella in some way. That's the only way I can think of for it to make any sense.
                              > >
                              > > Jamie
                              > >
                              > > On Feb 7, 2010, at 9:00 AM, Pavel wrote:
                              > >
                              > > > I've found this one:
                              > > > group of connected clients
                              > > > http://www.europarl.europa.eu/sides/getDoc.do?pubRef=-//EP//TEXT+TA+P6-TA-2009-0367+0+DOC+XML+V0//EN
                              > > > For the Czech version, just replace "EN" with "CS" at the end of the link.
                              > > >
                              > > > Maybe this will help.
                              > > > Pavel

                            • Pavel
                              Message 14 of 17 , Feb 7 2:01 PM
                                OK, thank you for your explanation. I'll add the term to my glossary.

                                Pavel