RE: [Czechlist] fun. poz.

  • Daniel Šebesta
    Message 1 of 14 , Feb 1, 2010
      Hi Jamie,

      It stands for “funkcnich pozitku” (without diacritics). But don’t ask me at this hour what that actually means. :-)

      HTH,

      Daniel

      Daniel Sebesta

      Chief Linguist | DS Translations | Prague, Czech Republic

      Corresponding Member of ATA, Member of JTP and MLA

      <http://www.dstranslations.eu> www.dstranslations.eu | <http://www.proz.com/profile/602984> www.proz.com/profile/602984

      <mailto:daniel.sebesta@...> daniel.sebesta@... (e-mail) | daniel_sebesta (Skype)

      _____

      Message 2 of 14 , Feb 2, 2010
        Isn't this what in the UK is basically referred to as "perks"? Though not sure if this is suitable for an official translation. More official are just "benefits".
        S.

        Message 3 of 14 , Feb 2, 2010
          "Perks" a "frindge benefits" jsou vicemene to same, ale "perks" je
          neformalni vyraz: <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Employee_benefit>
          http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Employee_benefit

        • Josef Hlavac
          Message 4 of 14 , Feb 2, 2010
            I strongly doubt that it is "benefits" or "perks".

            My understanding of "benefits" is company-paid health/life/whatever
            insurance in excess of the statutory requirements, company car for
            private use, company laptop & cell phone, an employee stock ownership
            plan, and so on. These would be "nepenezni plneni" or something like
            that (I'm not sure of the term from the top of my head).

            "Funkcni pozitky" is something totally different - for instance,
            salaries of senators, members of the Parliament, etc.

            Josef

            Message 5 of 14 , Feb 2, 2010
              > I strongly doubt that it is "benefits" or "perks".

              I guess, you're right. "Funkcni pozitky" are monetary "benefits". Maybe a
              "compensation package", then...

            • Daniel Šebesta
              Message 6 of 14 , Feb 2, 2010
                Mm, interesting, my messages needed about 8 hours to get here…

                Daniel

                _____

                <http://www.dstransl <http://www.dstranslations.eu> ations.eu> www.dstranslations.eu | <http://www.proz <http://www.proz.com/profile/602984> com/profile/602984> www.proz.com/profile/602984

                "Daň z příjmů fyz. osob ze závislé čin. a fun. pož."

                Can anyone please tell me what "fun. poz." means?

                Thanks very much.

              • Alena Ryšková 2e
                Message 7 of 14 , Feb 2, 2010
                  I sent a message yesterday around noon and am still waiting :-)
                  Alena

                  Mm, interesting, my messages needed about 8 hours to get here…

                  Daniel

                  _____

                  "Daň z příjmů fyz. osob ze závislé čin. a fun. pož."

                  Can anyone please tell me what "fun. poz." means?

                  Thanks very much.

                • Pilucha, Jiri
                  Message 8 of 14 , Feb 2, 2010
                    "fringes" is probably not entirely correct. Apart from certain benefits provided by the employer to the employees (such as meal vouchers or payments to the pension fund), fringes most importantly include also mandatory payments paid by the employer to the state (not to the employees), such as employee social insurance and health insurance

                    Re "Compensation package" - this is more of an HR term rather than an accounting term, used mostly in advertising of vacant positions etc. It does comprise benefits, but also the salary, i.e. does not seem to correspond to funkcni pozitky either

                    In summary, "benefits" is the closest that I can think of (not limited to "monetary" benefits, though)

                    Jiri