Re: [Czechlist] Term: EN-CS (natural compartment)

  • Michael Trittipo
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 1, 2010
      On Mon, 1 Feb 2010 15:55:54 +0100
      "Prekladatelsky servis" <preklady@...> wrote:
      > prozradi mi nekdo, co je "natural compartment"?
      > Kontext: "The trailer inspection process should include checking 10
      > points (fifth wheel area including natural compartment/skid plate,

      Zdravím, Iveto. I believe "natural compartment" is being used here in
      contrast to "hidden compartment." It's a bit odd, and not a normal
      use of the word "natural." I suppose it might be taken as meaning
      "naturally occurring compartment" or "normally occurring
      compartment" (or "expected" in place of "occurring" in those,
      and "constructed" in place of "occurring" as a variant). Česky bych
      neodvážil. Možná, normální, normálně se vyskytující, normálně
      sestrojovaný . . .?