Re: [Czechlist] "legacy version"

  • Jan Culka
    Message 1 of 9 , Jan 25, 2010
      In my field - telecomms - legacy equipment or SW means "existing" in most cases, not necessarily obsolete but something to be still dealt with, to be linked to, to be preserved.

      The meanings of words may differ in various fields and contexts - I cannot imagine a car manufacturer naming his new model "Legacy" if it meant something obsolete only.
      Honza