HELP TERM

  • Vladimir Lopata
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 18, 2000
      Vazeni kolegove,

      Napada Vas anglicky ekvivalent ceske vazby "davkovy uvazek operatoru".
      Je to z oblasti jaderne energetiky, doprava kontaineru s nuklearnim odpadem.
      Cela veta zni:
      "Cim vyssi je vyuziti jednotlivych kontaineru, tim nizsi bude davkovy uvazek operatoru pro zavezeni vsech kontaineru".

      Predem dekuji

      Vladimir Lopata
      lopa@...
      ---
      Odchozi zprava neobsahuje viry.
      Zkontrolovano antivirovym systemem AVG (http://www.grisoft.cz).
      Verze: 6.0.94 / Virova baze: 49 - datum vydani: 22.11.1999
    • Vit Ruzicka
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 20, 2000
        Mr Lopata wrote thus:

        <Napada Vas anglicky ekvivalent ceske vazby "davkovy uvazek operatoru".
        <Je to z oblasti jaderne energetiky, doprava kontaineru s nuklearnim odpadem.
        <Cela veta zni:
        <"Cim vyssi je vyuziti jednotlivych kontaineru, tim nizsi bude davkovy uvazek operatoru pro zavezeni <vsech kontaineru".

        Melvyn suggests (Hi, Melvyn) the "dose commitment" for "davkovy uvazek", which I think is very good. Although very much may depend on the overall context of the sentence and perhaps a concise definition of the concept, I have a hunch that the term is simply a euphemism for "radiation exposure", or "irradiation" dose, projected for operators (often close to natural radiation values).
        Hope it might help
        Cheers
        Vit
      • Melvyn Clarke
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 20, 2000

          >Mr Lopata wrote thus:
          >
          ><Napada Vas anglicky ekvivalent ceske vazby "davkovy uvazek operatoru".
          ><Je to z oblasti jaderne energetiky, doprava kontaineru s nuklearnim
          >odpadem.
          ><Cela veta zni:
          ><"Cim vyssi je vyuziti jednotlivych kontaineru, tim nizsi bude davkovy
          >uvazek operatoru pro zavezeni <vsech kontaineru".
          >
          >Melvyn suggests (Hi, Melvyn) the "dose commitment" for "davkovy uvazek",
          >which I think is very good.

          (Coooeeee Vit), Hi Vladimir,

          I am totally unfit to translate instructions on changing the batteries in
          your torch, never mind anything on nuclear bloody power and you would do
          very well to treat this totally unqualified notion of mine with a very large
          Geiger counter :) - it's just that I could not help noticing that this term
          seems to crop up a lot in this context on Google and in the glossaries

          http://ehssun.lbl.gov/epg/97ser/docs/glossary.html

          hence my initial private request for Vit's expert opinion (dropped me in it
          good and proper, you have, Vit:) - next round is yours, I believe?)

          Regards and sincere apologies for any large swaths of the USA that might go
          missing in the near future.

          Melvyn