Re: Poplatky obci

  • grabanrad
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 9, 2009
      Is it possible they are talking about (UK) Service Charges?

      > Not sure what these charges cover in a hotel, but when you live
      somewhere, you have to pay for the dustbins, for water (when there is
      mains) and for sewage removal (when there's a sewer, either based on how
      much water you consumed out of water mains, or on number of people who
      live in your house/flat)... hotels also have to pay all that, not sure
      how they do the math... I presume this will be what the poplatky are
      about, don't think we have a "tourist tax" as they do in Croatia, France
      and elsewhere when you stay in a hotel or B&B...

      > Other costs that your municipality pays (lighting, snow removal,
      maintenance/cleaning of municipality property etc.) are paid out of that
      municipality's budget, which comes mostly from taxes paid by people who
      live (have permanent address) there... Some of this COULD be charged to
      hotels in some form and the local charge could include that as well, and
      I presume it will vary from place to place..

      > The poplatky are basically just an attempt at getting more money,
      should be part of the room charge (no matter how high or low) as far as
      I'm concerned..

      > IMHO anything that vaguelly covers some or all of the above and
      doesn't sound like a tourist/foreigners-only tax will do

      some sort of local rates or charges for accommodation here - I suppose
      dustbin fees or something. Usually it apparently would not be listed if
      you are in a smart hotel or something but if you stay in a hostel and it
      forms quite a lump of the payment then perhaps they stick it down.
      Perhaps a local will put us right on what it is for, but I would have
      thought "local rates/charges" would be fine or "local administration
      charges" or something so the foreigners don't start thinking they are
      being brought back from the ride they were being taken on.

      apart from the fact that they are included in the price of accommodation
      at a hotel...
      > I thought maybe "local charges" might do, but that could be
      misconstrued to mean charges for local people as opposed to
      foreigners...
      > Or maybe I am just reading too much into it.
      > Either way, it would help to know what exactly they are charges
      for...
      > MTIA
      > Coilin
      >
      > --
      > Jsem chráněn bezplatným SPAMfighter pro soukromé
      uživatele.
      > Až doposud mě ušetřil příjmu 1575
      spam-emailů.
      > Platící uživatelé tuto zprávu ve svých