Help: peculiar sentence

  • coilinoc
    Message 1 of 10 , Dec 3, 2009
      Hi there,
      Could someone perhaps explain to me what is meant by "o prodejich" in the following sentence. I might be a bit obtuse today, but I am not sure what they are trying to say:

      Zacatek akce je opet diky novym POS materialum a novym cigaretam o prodejich skoro na kazdem MO, vymena POS v regalech a zmene vystaveni ve vsech prodejnach.

      MO is of course "retailer"

      MTIA
      Coilin
    • coilinoc

          Message 4 of 10 , Dec 3, 2009
            Does anyone know in English what kind of structure a "doskok" is for a motocross race? I've got a contrast here between this doskok and an "odrazova rampa".

            Any help with either term would be appreciated.

            Jamie
          • Jaroslav Hejzlar
            Message 5 of 10 , Dec 3, 2009
              Hi, Jamie!
              "Doskok" is the sloping part where they land after making the jump from "odrazová rampa". HTH.
              Regards,
              Jarda

              Message 6 of 10 , Dec 3, 2009
                Oops! Sorry, I was too quick and overlooked the fact that it is the English expression you are after. Wikipedia says it is a "landing ramp".
                J.

                Message 7 of 10 , Dec 3, 2009
                  Excellent! Thank you, Jarda!

                  Message 8 of 10 , Dec 3, 2009
                    Hi Charlie,

                    The only interpretation I see there is that "o prodejich" shoud immediately
                    follow "materialum" as its attributive. I think the person who wrote it all,
                    simply put the phrase "a novym cigaretam" in additionally and misplaced
                    it...

                    Message 9 of 10 , Dec 4, 2009
                      Hard to say,

                      the sentence is almost incomprehensible for a native speaker (may be better in context).. the structure could also be:

                      Zacatek akce .... je o prodejich... as in it's all about selling at retailers, the event involves selling at retailers etc.

                      ... only a wild guess, though

                      Message 10 of 10 , Dec 4, 2009
                        Thanks Matej and Jirka.
                        I think I will just highlight it and get the client to clarify.
                        Many thanks
                        Coilin