Re: TERM: Director + Members re Ltd

  • Melvyn
    Message 1 of 17 , Dec 2, 2009
      The Trade Links translation of Obchodni zakonik indeed translates "spolecnik" as "member" in the section on SROs ("limited liability companies") (§ 105-153). IANAL, TINLA etc but Marta Chroma's Czech-English Law Dictionary agrees for this specific context (p. 342). As for "jednatel" BTW the Trade Links translation uses "executive". Or here is another idea from some dudes calling themselves "Czech National Bank" LOL:

      One or more executive officers (in Czech "jednatele") constitute the company's...
      www.cnb.cz/m2export/sites/www.cnb.../commercial_code.pdf

      TTFN

      M.

      --- In Czechlist@yahoogroups.com, daniela.vranova <daniela.vranova@...> wrote:

      > I still don't see why directors could not be jednatele and members spolecnici, however in czech sro the highest body is valna hromada that approves the final accounts and could have the same responsibilities you hinted. also, sro can (but usually does not) have a dozorci rada (and jednatele cannot participate in it).

    • Melvyn
      Message 2 of 17 , Dec 2, 2009
        --- In Czechlist@yahoogroups.com, "Stanislav Zizka" <czechia007@...> wrote:

        > just to add a spin - i always thought that 'board of directors' is purely
        > supervisory... therefore an equivalent to 'dozorci rada'?

        No way. Not for any kind of company. Completely different kettle of fish.

      • Stanislav Zizka
        Message 3 of 17 , Dec 2, 2009
          Wikipedia says:
          Theoretically, the control of a company is divided between two bodies: the board of directors, and the shareholders in general meeting. In practice, the amount of power exercised by the board varies with the type of company. In small private companies, the directors and the shareholders will normally be the same people, and thus there is no real division of power. In large public companies, the board tends to exercise more of a supervisory role, and individual responsibility and management tends to be delegated downward to individual professional executive directors (such as a finance director or a marketing director) who deal with particular areas of the company's affairs.

          so it can have a supervisory role - also in companies limited by guarantee (normally not-for-profit) where the board does not have any executive roles, purely approves the accounts,business plans, etc

          > just to add a spin - i always thought that 'board of directors' is purely
          > supervisory... therefore an equivalent to 'dozorci rada'?

          No way. Not for any kind of company. Completely different kettle of fish.

        • Sabina Králová
          Message 4 of 17 , Dec 2, 2009
            Dobry den,

            nedavno jsem se tu ptala na agenturu Solten. Odpovedi jsem ale omylem
            smazala. Ted mne oslovili s konkretni nabidkou prekladu, ale nejsem si
            jista, zda reference byly kladne, ci nikoli. Mohli byste mi prosim
            poskytnout informace znovu? Jedna se mi predevsim o to, zda plati vcas atd.
            Dekuji moc
            Sabina
          • kzgafas
            Message 5 of 17 , Dec 2, 2009
              Dneska rano mi taky volali, maji ted s necim vetsim naspech. Kdyz jsem jim ale rekl svoji pribliznou cenu, tak nejak vychladli.

              K.

              --- In Czechlist@yahoogroups.com, Sabina Králová <sabina.kralova@...> wrote:

              > Dobry den,
              >
              > nedavno jsem se tu ptala na agenturu Solten. Odpovedi jsem ale omylem
              > smazala. Ted mne oslovili s konkretni nabidkou prekladu, ale nejsem si
              > jista, zda reference byly kladne, ci nikoli. Mohli byste mi prosim
              > poskytnout informace znovu? Jedna se mi predevsim o to, zda plati vcas atd.
              > Dekuji moc
              > Sabina

            • Jan Culka
              Message 6 of 17 , Dec 2, 2009
                Ano, cheji do tydne 300 stran med. textu EN/CZ. Dnes se mi taky ozvali. Mozna je neodradila moje cena, ale maly pocet stran, ktere jsem schopen udelat. Pry jsou na CZ trhu teprve kratce.
                Ma nekdo nejake reference?
                Honza

                Dneska rano mi taky volali, maji ted s necim vetsim naspech. Kdyz jsem jim ale rekl svoji pribliznou cenu, tak nejak vychladli.

                K.

                --- In Czechlist@yahoogroups.com, Sabina Králová <sabina.kralova@...> wrote:

                > Dobry den,
                >
                > nedavno jsem se tu ptala na agenturu Solten. Odpovedi jsem ale omylem
                > smazala. Ted mne oslovili s konkretni nabidkou prekladu, ale nejsem si
                > jista, zda reference byly kladne, ci nikoli. Mohli byste mi prosim
                > poskytnout informace znovu? Jedna se mi predevsim o to, zda plati vcas atd.
                > Dekuji moc
                > Sabina

              • Sabina Králová
                Message 7 of 17 , Dec 2, 2009
                  Tak to bude neco podobneho, nerekla jsem si o moc, ale uz se neozvali.
                  Sabina

                  wrote:

                  > Dobry den,
                  >
                  > nedavno jsem se tu ptala na agenturu Solten. Odpovedi jsem ale omylem
                  > smazala. Ted mne oslovili s konkretni nabidkou prekladu, ale nejsem si
                  > jista, zda reference byly kladne, ci nikoli. Mohli byste mi prosim
                  > poskytnout informace znovu? Jedna se mi predevsim o to, zda plati vcas
                  atd.
                  > Dekuji moc
                  > Sabina

                • Stanislav Zizka