Re: [Czechlist] Piping a tubing

  • Alena Ryšková 2e
    Message 1 of 13 , Dec 1, 2009
      Ja myslim, ze definice jsou vsem jasne od zacatku... ale jak to odlisit
      cesky?
      Potrubi DN/OD vs. potrubi DN/ID? (viz
      http://www.profizahrada.cz/a/cz/4670-odvodneni-staveb-oznacovani-potrubi-a-zlabu/)
      Fakt nevim...
      Alena

      Message 2 of 13 , Dec 1, 2009
        If you go to that wikipedia article on tubing and try googling the ASTM
        standards that it gives, adding site:cz (ASTM A269 etc.) tubing is
        translated as trubky.

        Haven't found the equivalent for piping yet, though.

        Valerie

        On Tue, 2009-12-01 at 09:34 +0100, Valerie Talacko wrote:
        > This is off the top of my head, but I'm guessing that in this
        > pharmaceutical context, it's important to know exactly how much water is
        > in the tubes, hence the internal diameter measurement, but that the
        > pipes are just used for conveying the water, hence the less exact
        > nominal outer diameter measurement.
        >
        > and wikipedia says "The terms "pipe" and "tubing" are almost
        > interchangeable, although minor distinctions exist — generally, "tubing"
        > implies tighter engineering requirements than "pipe"
        >

        > On Tue, 2009-12-01 at 08:32 +0100, Ing. Jiri Klima wrote:
        > > Podle Oxford Dictionary:
        > > Piping = System of pipes to convey oil, gas, water, sewage. Podle toho
        > > usuzuji, ze by to mely byt trubky vetsiho prumeru.
        > > Tube = Long hollow cylinder of rubber, metal, glass etc. for conveying
        > > liquids, gases etc. Soudim tedy, ze prumer je mensi.
        > >
        > > Jirka
        > >
        > > _____

      • Hana Jarolímová
        Message 3 of 13 , Dec 1, 2009
          V obou tece voda v ruzne fazi cistoty - na vstupu je normalni pitna voda
          a prubezne se z toho stava cistejsi a cistejsi voda. Jeste jsem
          uvazovala potrubi a vedeni, ale vedeni muze byt i elektro a je to
          zavadejici. Nechavam to tam v AJ kurzivou.

          Diky vsem za rady.
          Hanka
        • Valerie Talacko
          Message 4 of 13 , Dec 1, 2009
            OK, forget that, but do "presne trubky" = tubing?

            Valerie