RE: [Czechlist] Piping a tubing

  • Ing. Jiri Klima
    Message 1 of 13 , Nov 30, 2009
      Podle Oxford Dictionary:
      Piping = System of pipes to convey oil, gas, water, sewage. Podle toho
      usuzuji, ze by to mely byt trubky vetsiho prumeru.
      Tube = Long hollow cylinder of rubber, metal, glass etc. for conveying
      liquids, gases etc. Soudim tedy, ze prumer je mensi.

      Jirka

      _____

      Message 2 of 13 , Dec 1, 2009
        This is off the top of my head, but I'm guessing that in this
        pharmaceutical context, it's important to know exactly how much water is
        in the tubes, hence the internal diameter measurement, but that the
        pipes are just used for conveying the water, hence the less exact
        nominal outer diameter measurement.

        and wikipedia says "The terms "pipe" and "tubing" are almost
        interchangeable, although minor distinctions exist — generally, "tubing"
        implies tighter engineering requirements than "pipe"

        On Tue, 2009-12-01 at 08:32 +0100, Ing. Jiri Klima wrote:
        > Podle Oxford Dictionary:
        > Piping = System of pipes to convey oil, gas, water, sewage. Podle toho
        > usuzuji, ze by to mely byt trubky vetsiho prumeru.
        > Tube = Long hollow cylinder of rubber, metal, glass etc. for conveying
        > liquids, gases etc. Soudim tedy, ze prumer je mensi.
        >
        > Jirka
        >
        > _____

      • Alena Ryšková 2e
        Message 3 of 13 , Dec 1, 2009
          Ja myslim, ze definice jsou vsem jasne od zacatku... ale jak to odlisit
          cesky?
          Potrubi DN/OD vs. potrubi DN/ID? (viz
          http://www.profizahrada.cz/a/cz/4670-odvodneni-staveb-oznacovani-potrubi-a-zlabu/)
          Fakt nevim...
          Alena

          Message 4 of 13 , Dec 1, 2009
            If you go to that wikipedia article on tubing and try googling the ASTM
            standards that it gives, adding site:cz (ASTM A269 etc.) tubing is
            translated as trubky.

            Haven't found the equivalent for piping yet, though.

            Valerie

            On Tue, 2009-12-01 at 09:34 +0100, Valerie Talacko wrote:
            > This is off the top of my head, but I'm guessing that in this
            > pharmaceutical context, it's important to know exactly how much water is
            > in the tubes, hence the internal diameter measurement, but that the
            > pipes are just used for conveying the water, hence the less exact
            > nominal outer diameter measurement.
            >
            > and wikipedia says "The terms "pipe" and "tubing" are almost
            > interchangeable, although minor distinctions exist — generally, "tubing"
            > implies tighter engineering requirements than "pipe"
            >

            > On Tue, 2009-12-01 at 08:32 +0100, Ing. Jiri Klima wrote:
            > > Podle Oxford Dictionary:
            > > Piping = System of pipes to convey oil, gas, water, sewage. Podle toho
            > > usuzuji, ze by to mely byt trubky vetsiho prumeru.
            > > Tube = Long hollow cylinder of rubber, metal, glass etc. for conveying
            > > liquids, gases etc. Soudim tedy, ze prumer je mensi.
            > >
            > > Jirka
            > >
            > > _____

          • Hana Jarolímová
            Message 5 of 13 , Dec 1, 2009
              V obou tece voda v ruzne fazi cistoty - na vstupu je normalni pitna voda
              a prubezne se z toho stava cistejsi a cistejsi voda. Jeste jsem
              uvazovala potrubi a vedeni, ale vedeni muze byt i elektro a je to
              zavadejici. Nechavam to tam v AJ kurzivou.

              Diky vsem za rady.
              Hanka
            • Valerie Talacko
              Message 6 of 13 , Dec 1, 2009
                OK, forget that, but do "presne trubky" = tubing?

                Valerie