Re: [Czechlist] Piping a tubing

  • Stanislav Zizka
    Message 1 of 13 , Nov 30, 2009
      ahoj

      nevim, jestli to pomuze, ale tady uvadeji nekolik typu "pipes" a u "tube" tvrdi, ze it is "Used to connect a water supply line to a faucet fixture, toilet or appliances"

      http://www.doityourself.com/stry/typespipeandtube

      Standa

      Message 2 of 13 , Nov 30, 2009
        Podle Oxford Dictionary:
        Piping = System of pipes to convey oil, gas, water, sewage. Podle toho
        usuzuji, ze by to mely byt trubky vetsiho prumeru.
        Tube = Long hollow cylinder of rubber, metal, glass etc. for conveying
        liquids, gases etc. Soudim tedy, ze prumer je mensi.

        Jirka

        _____

        http://www.doityour <http://www.doityourself.com/stry/typespipeandtube>

        Message 3 of 13 , Dec 1, 2009
          This is off the top of my head, but I'm guessing that in this
          pharmaceutical context, it's important to know exactly how much water is
          in the tubes, hence the internal diameter measurement, but that the
          pipes are just used for conveying the water, hence the less exact
          nominal outer diameter measurement.

          and wikipedia says "The terms "pipe" and "tubing" are almost
          interchangeable, although minor distinctions exist — generally, "tubing"
          implies tighter engineering requirements than "pipe"

          On Tue, 2009-12-01 at 08:32 +0100, Ing. Jiri Klima wrote:
          > Podle Oxford Dictionary:
          > Piping = System of pipes to convey oil, gas, water, sewage. Podle toho
          > usuzuji, ze by to mely byt trubky vetsiho prumeru.
          > Tube = Long hollow cylinder of rubber, metal, glass etc. for conveying
          > liquids, gases etc. Soudim tedy, ze prumer je mensi.
          >
          > Jirka
          >
          > _____

        • Alena Ryšková 2e
          Message 4 of 13 , Dec 1, 2009
            Ja myslim, ze definice jsou vsem jasne od zacatku... ale jak to odlisit
            cesky?
            Potrubi DN/OD vs. potrubi DN/ID? (viz
            http://www.profizahrada.cz/a/cz/4670-odvodneni-staveb-oznacovani-potrubi-a-zlabu/)
            Fakt nevim...
            Alena

            Message 5 of 13 , Dec 1, 2009
              If you go to that wikipedia article on tubing and try googling the ASTM
              standards that it gives, adding site:cz (ASTM A269 etc.) tubing is
              translated as trubky.

              Haven't found the equivalent for piping yet, though.

              Valerie

              On Tue, 2009-12-01 at 09:34 +0100, Valerie Talacko wrote:
              > This is off the top of my head, but I'm guessing that in this
              > pharmaceutical context, it's important to know exactly how much water is
              > in the tubes, hence the internal diameter measurement, but that the
              > pipes are just used for conveying the water, hence the less exact
              > nominal outer diameter measurement.
              >
              > and wikipedia says "The terms "pipe" and "tubing" are almost
              > interchangeable, although minor distinctions exist — generally, "tubing"
              > implies tighter engineering requirements than "pipe"
              >

              > On Tue, 2009-12-01 at 08:32 +0100, Ing. Jiri Klima wrote:
              > > Podle Oxford Dictionary:
              > > Piping = System of pipes to convey oil, gas, water, sewage. Podle toho
              > > usuzuji, ze by to mely byt trubky vetsiho prumeru.
              > > Tube = Long hollow cylinder of rubber, metal, glass etc. for conveying
              > > liquids, gases etc. Soudim tedy, ze prumer je mensi.
              > >
              > > Jirka
              > >
              > > _____

            • Hana Jarolímová
              Message 6 of 13 , Dec 1, 2009
                V obou tece voda v ruzne fazi cistoty - na vstupu je normalni pitna voda
                a prubezne se z toho stava cistejsi a cistejsi voda. Jeste jsem
                uvazovala potrubi a vedeni, ale vedeni muze byt i elektro a je to
                zavadejici. Nechavam to tam v AJ kurzivou.

                Diky vsem za rady.
                Hanka
              • Valerie Talacko
                Message 7 of 13 , Dec 1, 2009
                  OK, forget that, but do "presne trubky" = tubing?

                  Valerie