2 queries

  • Charlie Stanford
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 4, 2009
      Can someone help me please with 2 queries:
      1. Someone's occupation is given as malir - does that make him an artist or a painter/decorator?
      2. In the footer to a Rozsudek I have come across the abbreviation "K.r.c. 1".....?
      Thank you for any help.
      Charlie

      --
      Jsem chráněn bezplatným SPAMfighter pro soukromé uživatele.
      Až doposud mě ušetřil příjmu 1539 spam-emailů.

      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 4, 2009
        Hi Charlie,

        malir
        1. Could be either. More likely (statistically) the latter, although very
        often "malir-naterac" is used for this one. An artist, on the other hand, is
        often referred to as "umelecky malir".

        K.r.c. 1
        2. The K could stand for "krajsky" and the c for "cislo" while it is all a
        reference code for a standardized court form (perhaps Usneseni)? Just my
        guess though.

      • Petr
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 4, 2009
          Je pravda, ze to muze byt oboji, a abych do toho vnesl zmatek, tak ja na rozdil od Jirky si spis myslim, ze je to artist, protoze painter/decorator byva "malir pokoju". Ja bych pouzil "painter", protoze je to stejne neurcite jako "malir".
          Petr A.