RE: [Czechlist] Help: ostatni plocha

  • Karel Navrátil
    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 1, 2009
      Undesigned area/land.

      Karel

      _____

      From: Czechlist@yahoogroups.com [mailto:Czechlist@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf
      Of coilinoc
      Sent: Sunday, November 01, 2009 9:54 PM
      To: Czechlist@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [Czechlist] Help: ostatni plocha

      Hi there,

      Does anyone know of a decent English translation for this type of plot,
      which crops up a lot in documents from the Katastralni urad?

      I consulted with someone I know who works in-house at a law firm and this is
      what she told me:

      Ostatni plocha - you see, I reckon the katastralni urad has some types of
      areas/groups and they must classify every single plot.... So, I believed
      that this is some kind of land which is different from all teh other groups.
      So I was under impression this may be translated as "miscellaneous".... But
      this is just an educated guess.

      Would anyone have a more specific suggestion?

      MTIA

      Coilin

    • Valerie Talacko
      Message 2 of 7 , Nov 2, 2009
        I would go for "other land" on the basis that once you've ruled out all
        the different types of land that "ostatni plocha" isn't, the type of
        land that can be classed as ostatni plocha is quite narrow!
        Miscellaneous sounds a bit too varied...

        Valerie

        On Sun, 2009-11-01 at 20:54 +0000, coilinoc wrote:

        > Hi there,
        >
        > Does anyone know of a decent English translation for this type of
        > plot, which crops up a lot in documents from the Katastralni urad?
        >
        > I consulted with someone I know who works in-house at a law firm and
        > this is what she told me:
        >
        > Ostatni plocha - you see, I reckon the katastralni urad has some types
        > of areas/groups and they must classify every single plot.... So, I
        > believed that this is some kind of land which is different from all
        > teh other groups. So I was under impression this may be translated as
        > "miscellaneous".... But this is just an educated guess.
        >
        > Would anyone have a more specific suggestion?
        >
        > MTIA
        >
        > Coilin

      • Melvyn
        Message 3 of 7 , Nov 2, 2009
          When I once came across this I expanded it to read: 'land classified as "other land"'. Seemed like a good idea at the time. Lots of quality hits on Google. Maybe you could use 'land classified as "miscellaneous"' too if you judge that to be appropriate.

          > On Sun, 2009-11-01 at 20:54 +0000, coilinoc wrote:
          So I was under impression this may be translated as
          > > "miscellaneous".... But this is just an educated guess.
          > >
          > > Would anyone have a more specific suggestion?
        • coilinoc
          Message 4 of 7 , Nov 2, 2009
            Thanks everyone for your suggestions. I went with Melyn's in the end, as it fitted the context and also sounded ok, imo.
            Brgds
            Coilin