Help: ostatni plocha

  • coilinoc
    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 1, 2009
      Hi there,

      Does anyone know of a decent English translation for this type of plot, which crops up a lot in documents from the Katastralni urad?

      I consulted with someone I know who works in-house at a law firm and this is what she told me:

      Ostatni plocha - you see, I reckon the katastralni urad has some types of areas/groups and they must classify every single plot.... So, I believed that this is some kind of land which is different from all teh other groups. So I was under impression this may be translated as "miscellaneous".... But this is just an educated guess.

      Would anyone have a more specific suggestion?

      MTIA

      Coilin
    • Jaroslav Hejzlar
      Message 2 of 7 , Nov 1, 2009
        Hello,
        I am not an expert at all, but the very first that comes to my mind is "other plots" or "other spaces". How does it sound to the native speakers' ears?
        Regards,
        Jarda

        Message 3 of 7 , Nov 1, 2009
          Hi,
          I also prefer "miscellaneous".

          Regards,
          Naty

          www.cz-ads.cz

          ________________________________

          Message 4 of 7 , Nov 1, 2009
            Undesigned area/land.

            Karel

            _____

            Message 5 of 7 , Nov 2, 2009
              I would go for "other land" on the basis that once you've ruled out all
              the different types of land that "ostatni plocha" isn't, the type of
              land that can be classed as ostatni plocha is quite narrow!
              Miscellaneous sounds a bit too varied...

              Valerie

              On Sun, 2009-11-01 at 20:54 +0000, coilinoc wrote:

              > Hi there,
              >
              > Does anyone know of a decent English translation for this type of
              > plot, which crops up a lot in documents from the Katastralni urad?
              >
              > I consulted with someone I know who works in-house at a law firm and
              > this is what she told me:
              >
              > Ostatni plocha - you see, I reckon the katastralni urad has some types
              > of areas/groups and they must classify every single plot.... So, I
              > believed that this is some kind of land which is different from all
              > teh other groups. So I was under impression this may be translated as
              > "miscellaneous".... But this is just an educated guess.
              >
              > Would anyone have a more specific suggestion?
              >
              > MTIA
              >
              > Coilin

            • Melvyn
              Message 6 of 7 , Nov 2, 2009
                When I once came across this I expanded it to read: 'land classified as "other land"'. Seemed like a good idea at the time. Lots of quality hits on Google. Maybe you could use 'land classified as "miscellaneous"' too if you judge that to be appropriate.

                Message 7 of 7 , Nov 2, 2009
                  Thanks everyone for your suggestions. I went with Melyn's in the end, as it fitted the context and also sounded ok, imo.
                  Brgds
                  Coilin